St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's just occurred to me this game will be on the BBC website right? Does it work on the iphone or is it one of those "must have flash player" things?

I reckon I could actually watch the game at the wedding with the sound down. Sure the bride won't mind.

You should be able to watch it. I can watch live games on BBC iplayer but not on ITV Player.

Take that north stand capacity with a pinch of salt though.

I'm not sure how many Aberdeen actually sold there, because we had 43,000 overall but take away say 7,000 in main stand and just under 13,000 in jock stein, that leaves 23,000 sold in North stand (and remember there was no segregation) not 27,000. That figure included corporates aswell.

Desperate to watch a game that the whole of Scottish football didn't want? How strange.

It was the same for the semi-final, although I saw Aberdeen advertising packages on their website I'm sure. There were Saints fans in the second tier at the semi-final on these packages but clearly they are invite only or something.

There was a guy on WAP said he bought his package through Celtic though.

Seems to be they were indeed basically invitation only by Saints, to lounge members or something like that. Celtic were, and are, directly advertising and selling other packages. This annoys me as they obviously get to rake in even more cash than just a stadium hire fee. You should only be able to buy from Saints, United, the SFA and those corporate hospitality rip off jobs at a push. Can't have the bigot brothers missing out on even more money though. Don't tell anyone though. It's a secret.

C'mon you Saintees, pump these dayglo wearing show-tunes fan dangs. Then once you win it, its the first step on the ladder to becoming a big team like the Dee used to be a couple of generations ago.

You really have to stop pretending Biggie and come fully out as a Saintee. Everyone knows you know you want too. :angel

I'll be a farmer on Saturday, but that's it I'm afraid.

Il pay you a fiver to look after my crops & clean my tractor for me next saturday

Right that is the league season over for us all, lets get focused on the final! Seems like it has come around very quickly, and I am sure this week will fly in. Still to firm up what I am actually doing on the day of the final but I am glad both the Saints fans and the United fans will have the freedom of Glasgow on Saturday without having to worry about certain places to avoid due to either Celtic or Rangers being involved.

My team for the final would be -

Rado

Watson

Dillon

Gunning

Robertson

Paton

Rankin

Dow

Armstrong

GMS

Ciftci

Team pretty much picks itself if everyone is fit. Souttar and Gauld have suffered badly with form since Christmas and both Dow and Dillon have stepped up their game.

Saints know how to beat us, which has me worried, I am not confident about the game itself but it is a cup final so anything can happen!

Right that is the league season over for us all, lets get focused on the final! Seems like it has come around very quickly, and I am sure this week will fly in. Still to firm up what I am actually doing on the day of the final but I am glad both the Saints fans and the United fans will have the freedom of Glasgow on Saturday without having to worry about certain places to avoid due to either Celtic or Rangers being involved.

My team for the final would be -

Rado

Watson

Dillon

Gunning

Robertson

Paton

Rankin

Dow

Armstrong

GMS

Ciftci

Team pretty much picks itself if everyone is fit. Souttar and Gauld have suffered badly with form since Christmas and both Dow and Dillon have stepped up their game.

Saints know how to beat us, which has me worried, I am not confident about the game itself but it is a cup final so anything can happen!

Team pretty much writes itself for the final, I reckon. Though I'm wondering if Jmac is going to prefer a start for his old Celtic bud Wilson ahead of Watson.

If by some miracle Good is fit then get Gunning out of the matchday squad completely.

With McDonald not featuring today I take it his haters can rest easy in that he won't be playing, or at least starting, in the Final. After his long spell out injured surely Tommy would have given him as much game time as possible if he was in his plans.

I'm not convinced GMS merits a place just now, I would be tempted to go with:

Rado

Watson

Dillon

Gunning

Robertson

Paton

Rankin

Dow

Armstrong

Gauld

Ciftci

Not convinced by Gunning either but don't think Souttar is ready for a game like this, or a player like May.

Mannus

Mackay

Anderson

Wright

Easton

Wotherspoon

Millar

Dunne

O'Halloran

MacLean

May

Would have this 11 but would prefer a 4-2-3-1 with Wotherspoon right, O'Halloran central and May left. Think it's important to be attacking without being too open and O'Halloran is more comfortable central. May has looked more dangerous cutting in from the left recently.