Business / corporate speak nonsense

Or maybe in Big Jonesies case to stick it up his staff.

Fellow consortium members - I think he left his own staff alone.

I must say that all my employers - whether I was directly or indirectly employed - would have defended you in public while chewing you out in private (if required) - with probably one exception, fortunately he was never put to the test..

Edited by Jacksgranda

My last Christmas work do involved a nice meal and a couple of pints in the local, then home time.

Work not very hard, play not very hard 8)

Edit: Once worked in a call centre and their nights out were fucking mental :lol: If you ever fancy a big one, befriend a bunch of people with shite, stressful and low paid jobs, then hit the sauce with them on payday. Scenes everytime.

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

My last Christmas work do involved a nice meal and a couple of pints in the local, then home time.

Work not very hard, play not very hard 8)

You clearly don't work in the Construction Industry, Sodje! ;)

Edit: Once worked in a call centre and their nights out were fucking mental :lol: If you ever fancy a big one, befriend a bunch of people with shite, stressful and low paid jobs, then hit the sauce with them on payday. Scenes everytime.

I can confirm this. I worked for Sky for 9 months or so in my youth and the Friday nights out were messy. Everyone was in work on the Saturday too but i usually had little memory of my day by the time I got home.

It was like shooting fish in a barrel for your Nat King too.

Remember when I went for my network rail interview at seventeen. There was someone in the group who was determined to be heard by all.

We had a team building exercise in which he said:

"Let's think out loud and agree to disagree"

Just then I realised, he was a c**t.

I haven't worked in an office for years. Clicking on this thread was a terrible mistake. Years of therapy, for naught.

I was sacked from an office job "as we have to think about our clients" because I told my boss that we weren't treating some of our clients very well :blink: They aren't in business any more.

Referring to a mass redundancy cull as a 'reorganisation process', which sounds as if they're being nice and just moving people around. No, you're having a clearout.

Ditto 'restructure' or 'rationalisation'. I've been restructured 4 times in the 14 years I've been doing my job.

These are always justified by the money saved due to the 'efficiencies created by the resultant synergies'.

Referring to a mass redundancy cull as a 'reorganisation process', which sounds as if they're being nice and just moving people around. No, you're having a clearout.

Enabling time-sensitive resource restructuring visions.

Edit: boghead ranter's partial first-to-market on 'structuring' has impacted my greenies portfolio in this P&B all-hands round table.

Edited by banana

You're obviously an inefficient resource.

I didn't word it very well, but i'm obviously an efficient (cheap) resource, I've kept my job all 4 times.

Edit: boghead ranter's partial first-to-market on 'structuring' has impacted my greenies portfolio in this P&B all-hands round table.

Very little idea what that actually means, but :lol:

Similar to streamlining.

A relative of mine gave me his business card once and his stated job title was 'corporate restructuring consultant'. When I asked him what he actually did, he said he was hired to streamline businesses.

Ie, a staff cull.

Yeah ive seen a restructure at work when I worked for Heineken, happy times..

Going back to the email thing we had a guy in the company sign off his email not only with his name but a full list of his qualifications underneith. No really. People especially in asset management or PA's have a level of self importance that seems to be on a whole new level of bawbaggery

My work is going through an intensive programme review carried out by taskforces who will be liaising with team leaders to discuss financial sustainability and efficiency of delivery.

c***s, the lot of them.

Are they looking to streamline and consolidate departments to maximise the customer experience?

Going back to the email thing we had a guy in the company sign off his email not only with his name but a full list of his qualifications underneith. No really.

We have some of those at my work as well. One in particular springs to mind, the 'list' is in big bold letters. Utter Fud. He isnae in my dept' so I delete without reading.

We have some of those at my work as well. One in particular springs to mind, the 'list' is in big bold letters. Utter Fud. He isnae in my dept' so I delete without reading.

It was a small company so he was probably trying to show off to external clients, didn't make us fix his problems any faster. Infact think we usually put him to the bottom of the pile

this is in all our vocabulary now but really rips my knitting every time, 'troubleshoot', we've a a problem let's deal with it, no fucling guns no fucking trouble ok! :angry:

EtA - Just remembered I was in Bangkok for the weekend, not too sure why the place is a shithole and I was speaking to some Irish guy how work for London Underground & we were having casual talk about work and so, he came out with the line 'eh so you're a troubleshooter'

giphy.gif

Edited by SlipperyP

My work is going through an intensive programme review carried out by taskforces who will be liaising with team leaders to discuss financial sustainability and efficiency of delivery.

c***s, the lot of them.

Are they looking to streamline and consolidate departments to maximise the customer experience?

Aye, they're going to sack folk.

Aye, they're going to sack folk.

Thats what i said..

Always have to laugh when management give it the big licks with the latest business buzz word lingo

That said i work in support so troubleshoot gets used alot and some of the girls in an old job if they were getting fustrated to with daft users (yes i went there) used the classic "help me to help you" usually when someone doesn't know a start menu from a mouse