Transfers

bluebell

Oh I didn't realise he also played for Whitehill as well. Yes I do remember him now, I don't think WW had ever beaten us before until they signed him. Well done Sammy on a magnitude of terrific signings.Grimbo

I take it he made his spartans debut last night.

Now am scratching my heed here cause I got told he set up 2 goals last night.

How can that be when im reading yous lost 3-0 :o

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it can't sing

& it can't dance.

No dissin WW or any team in the LL but anyone can see best chance of going spfl is with us at the mo' so you can't blame any player given the opportunity, can you?

Grimbo

You'd think you'd learn after the last 3 seasons Grim that the trophys are counted up at the end of the season. Chelsea of the North. Come on the wee village team.

Edit so no play off at present unless fully licensed like Spartans

Nope, not AFAIA? I've noted a few people say this because only Spartans have a Bronze licence: but you don't need a Bronze licence to play in SPFL2 (or SPFL1), you need an Entry licence with Bronze floodlighting? Which is a subtle but important difference. For example one of the local papers up north noted that a few clubs there already have this (included Wick and Clachnacuddin, IIRC). Also last season's LL runners-up, Stirling University, aren't licenced yet - but they'll need to be by next summer, and Forthbank must meet Bronze criteria. New Peffermill will.

As noted on the HL website link clubs can also apply for a waiver - say to do works over the summer? Waivers have sometimes been granted before, e.g.:

* various clubs being promoted from SFL1 to SPL installed extra seats or undersoil heating over the summer, not before 31st March

* Gretna FC groundsharing at Motherwell/Inverness at Aberdeen

* Annan Athletic installing floodlights upon joining SFL

* Ayr United replacing their floodlights a few summers ago

Now obviously the winner might simply have too much to do or might need a waiver and it isn't forthcoming, but I don't think only Spartans can go up.

Nope, not AFAIA? I've noted a few people say this because only Spartans have a Bronze licence: but you don't need a Bronze licence to play in SPFL2 (or SPFL1), you need an Entry licence with Bronze floodlighting? Which is a subtle but important difference. For example one of the local papers up north noted that a few clubs there already have this (included Wick and Clachnacuddin, IIRC). Also last season's LL runners-up, Stirling University, aren't licenced yet - but they'll need to be by next summer, and Forthbank must meet Bronze criteria. New Peffermill will.

As noted on the HL website link clubs can also apply for a waiver - say to do works over the summer? Waivers have sometimes been granted before, e.g.:

* various clubs being promoted from SFL1 to SPL installed extra seats or undersoil heating over the summer, not before 31st March

* Gretna FC groundsharing at Motherwell/Inverness at Aberdeen

* Annan Athletic installing floodlights upon joining SFL

* Ayr United replacing their floodlights a few summers ago

Now obviously the winner might simply have too much to do or might need a waiver and it isn't forthcoming, but I don't think only Spartans can go up.

Do you know who is funding the ground improvements at peffermill so they can get there licence??

Do you know who is funding the ground improvements at peffermill so they can get there licence??

I haven't seen or heard of any major Lottery or Sportscotland grants, so if that's right presumably it's being paid for by the university and by the club itself.

I haven't seen or heard of any major Lottery or Sportscotland grants, so if that's right presumably it's being paid for by the university and by the club itself.

So the Uni are government funded which means there shiny new facility will be funded by us tax payers?? Seems fair.

So the Uni are government funded which means there shiny new facility will be funded by us tax payers?? Seems fair.

Brilliant, I'll be putting this on my tax return in January, f**k you Gary Barlow take that you tax dodging c**t. Quids in.

Grimbo

Brilliant, I'll be putting this on my tax return in January, f**k you Gary Barlow take that you tax dodging c**t. Quids in.

Grimbo

In fact that's no a bad plan Grim.....

We have a defender on trial with us called Aaron James, it seems he played in the league last season with Edinburgh City, anyone able to give more info on how he is? He's played two whole games with us so far and strolled through both.

good player, remember playing against him as he played for heriot watt university

defensively not great ,but very good on the ball,

played with Linlithgow rose, -apparently struggled

heriot watt- was a standout, we tried to sign him but sometimes when the going gets tough he might struggle

Edinburgh city- done very well for them from what I saw last season

will be interesting to see what he is like on a winters night in ayr

all in all good player, wand of a left foot

• 5 months later...
Oh I didn't realise he also played for Whitehill as well. Yes I do remember him now, I don't think WW had ever beaten us before until they signed him. Well done Sammy on a magnitude of terrific signings.Grimbo
And giving us the signing of the season in Danny O D
But it can't sing& it can't dance.No dissin WW or any team in the LL but anyone can see best chance of going spfl is with us at the mo' so you can't blame any player given the opportunity, can you?Grimbo
Dear oh dear oh dear, just come across these :D

And giving us the signing of the season in Danny O D

Dear oh dear oh dear, just come across these :D

Bloody hell, I thought you'd got wind of our big money signing then Newks, just seems yous regurgitating past times. 8)

Grimbo

I heard the same to and a guy watching Spartans friendly on Monday said he was playing

was very good apparently, tends to hold on to the ball to long, hates a physical battle, but would be a great player as no 10, time will tell if he will make an impact but he was meant to have scored a beauty against the Scotland amateur goalkeeper

Things no goin there way, buy another player hahaha, he'll prob b cup tied for big game though.... We tend to get 1 our under 20s if we are short, seems there youth system player not good enough, abit a slap in the face to 40 there other players playing either eos or 20s

Archived