Stenhousemuir Summer 2014

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a boring argument really. Just leave it at that.

In other news we have signed Jamie Stevenson. A guy who should have played SPL IMO.

Has the potential to be an outstanding signing at this level. Was a stand out for us a couple of years back, although was played out wide by Boyle too much and inevitably left. Was kind of hoping he'd sign for us although I knew it was unlikely.

Stenny side seems to be shaping up nicely.

Stenny have signed:-

Martin Grehan

Colin McMenamin

Alan Lithgow

Ryan Miller

Paul Sludden

Gregor Fotheringham

Think Miller was at Stirling Uni with Sludden. Fotheringham is ex Rangers - no idea where he has been playing recently

Fotheringham is useless... Played a few trial games with us at the start of last season and did next to nothing. Speaks volumes for him not to be good enough considering how honking our squad was last season!

We also had Paul Sludden a few seasons ago on loan... Unless he's improved greatly since then Stirling Uni is about his level!

Grehan, Flash and Mcmenamin should be excellent signings at this level...never heard of Sludden, Miller or Fotheringham though.

Flash strolled this league with us, a strong dominant centre half who will weigh in with his share of goals, was disappointed when he left us.

I presume Sludden, Miller and Fotheringham will be back up player. Not particularly impressed with any of them.

On the plus side, the report says 'Booth is working hard to sign several other players to add to our first team squad'

No Rowson in the players signed either I notice.

Our squad is going to be massive I would imagine the three lesser known lads will be for back up/reserve team.

Striking and defensive parts of the team looking fine need to get a central midfielder and another winger sorted.

Still think letting Darren Smith go was a poor move.

Grehan, Flash and Mcmenamin should be excellent signings at this level...never heard of Sludden, Miller or Fotheringham though.

Flash strolled this league with us, a strong dominant centre half who will weigh in with his share of goals, was disappointed when he left us.

Miller played a couple of games with us a couple of seasons ago. So did Sludden, a couple previously. I think he even came on as a sub in the Europa league!

Stenny fans are still bitter big Jim signed for the mighty Berwick over them.

More seriously, Berwick fans are well aware that arguing for Jim Lister is both unwise and stupid. Listen to your more knowledgable Stenny friends.

Seems Booth is using football manager as his scouting tool. Fair play. Sludden's a goal machine.

Miller played a couple of games with us a couple of seasons ago. So did Sludden, a couple previously. I think he even came on as a sub in the Europa league!

Was Miller the ginger midfielder that was on the bench a few times then disappeared?

You're correct on Sludden. Shameful stuff.

Are Stenny still doing the part time player contracts augmented with a shift outwith the club at an associated company meaning players get full time wages. Think I read somebody signed on those terms at one point.

Was Miller the ginger midfielder that was on the bench a few times then disappeared?

You're correct on Sludden. Shameful stuff.

Yeah. Looked like a wee terrier. Pressley hung him out to dry at Dens Park, and that was the end of him.

Archived