The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

f**k off to the league 2 forum you fucking peasent.

:lol::lol::lol:

f**k off back to school you illiterate monkey!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol::lol::lol:

f**k off back to school you illiterate monkey!!!

Going by the rage from the Airdrie fans, seems like a good signing.

Haha edited!! No rage here at all, would be a decent signing for us but not the end of the world. However, a great signing for a team like East Fife and I'm sure Caolan has his reasons for joining.

As I've stated previously, while I'd liked to have kept him & think he's a good player with great potential, I think he is replaceable.

I would love to know why he'd move though if not for money? You're talking about a club a league above, challenging for the playoffs (hopefully), with a group of guys he knows/plays well with & a manager who gave him a real platform & first team football. To me, going from that to the league below to a club a bit further away from you, where things are completely unknown & the potential for development may not be worse but not necessarily better seems really unusual.

Maybe that's just me though

He's good, and he's got potential - but he's hardly unique or impossible to replace. Shame to see him go, since I think he would have done a good job for us next season, but them's the breaks. Maybe Bollan already has someone better lined up and that's why he didn't press for a better deal for McAleer. Who knows?

Any ideas how much McAleer's on at East Fife or is it pure speculation that he's getting better wages there than Airdrie were offering?

From what I understand he was offered a deal with us. Most of our squad (barring the four released players) with a couple of exceptions were offered terms broadly similar to what they were on last year, much to the consternation of one or two of them.

It's safe to assume that EF offered more than us. As has been explained, with us, he knew the core of his team mates, knew the manager and would be able to showcase himself to two full time teams. There seems to be very few reasons he'd drop down to play for EF.

Good luck to the lad though. He'll be missed but as has been said, he's not irreplaceable. If he learns how to put in a final ball, he'll playing at a higher level.

Intereseing to see who Bollan can bring in when we're clearly not able to match the wages of teams in the league below.

I understand Caddens signed on so that's our wide man signed at probably not much on top of what he was on last season. GB very rarely played both Caddrn & McAleer at the same time last year. Means there's a wage freed up to keep Adam and Milojevic.

McAleer was a good player with potential, but I'm not too upset with him leaving. No doubt Bollan will find an able replacement.

Hopefully he's a flop east fife. :lol:

Not too upset but you hope he flops? Don't sound upset.

Archived