The Famous Aberdeen's European Tour 2014/15

A shame it took us to go two down (to a good goal) for us to open up a lot more. An uncharacteristically poor performance from Logan cos us the first goal and to be honest if Sociedad could improve their finishing we should have been a couple down by the end of the first half alone. 2-0 is no disgrace against a La Liga side but being honest we didn't look particularly good tonight and makes you wonder if a) it could have been better if we were and b) if Sociedad had their foot off the gas for the whole 90 minutes. Still looking forward to Pittodrie next week though, even if we bow out it's a been a fun few weeks and I hope that we can start expecting this every season.

Edit: European fitba that is, not getting put out in the qualifying rounds! :P

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed we gave away possession to easily and looked scared of them. A good side no doubt but felt we could do much better. I can see them scoring at least 1 next week so it will be incredible if we managed to progress from this

They were just so, so much better than any team I've seen Aberdeen play competitively, except maybe Atletico 7 years ago. Can't have any complaints about the result, but once again McGinn was the opposition's best defender - he needs to learn how to make a 5 yard pass to a player in red.

Hard working performance but outclassed.

Two annoyingly avoidable goals. Think we're out but you never know.

Pittodrie should be decent next week and to be honest, it's just nice to have been in Europe again. The Club has also made some decent cash off of this.

Hopefully another Copenhagen next week :)

Hayes needs to play on the wing, we looked so much better with Consie on.

Their first goal would also have not happened with Consie on. Perhaps Langfield's communication could have been better too. A shout of keepers! and Logan doesn't try to clear that.

Second goal was a rocket, nothing we could have done I don't think.

Tie not over but if we do make it it'll have to be one of the best results in Scotttish football history.

Here's hoping!!

Embarrassment to Scottish football.

The sooner Rangers get back into European football the better.

Ah yes - 2011/12, knocked out of the Champions League and then the Europa League at the first hurdle.

2010/11, eliminated from the champions League at group stage, P6 W1 D3 L2, then knocked out of the Europa League last 16, P4 W0 D3 L1

The Dons will probably be eliminated - we will have won 3 times as many games as Rangers in 2010/11 from 4 matches less.

Ah yes - 2011/12, knocked out of the Champions League and then the Europa League at the first hurdle.

2010/11, eliminated from the champions League at group stage, P6 W1 D3 L2, then knocked out of the Europa League last 16, P4 W0 D3 L1

The Dons will probably be eliminated - we will have won 3 times as many games as Rangers in 2010/11 from 4 matches less.

Don't go on about stats to me.

If you wanted to go there you'll end p looking stupid as Rangers have done much more for Scottish football than any other club in the country, statistically wise.

You clearly don't know the meaning of "statistically" :1eye even though you tried to use it as point scoring.

You are mentioning clubs doing more for Scottish football so that assumes in Europe. Winning trophies is the greatest success. Statistically speaking, Aberdeen and Celtic have more European success than Rangers do.

Archived