The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

We will start 3 of Osbourne, McLean, McGinn and Goodwin.

Can't see all 4 ever starting together, but any 3 from those 4 is a pretty decent central midfield at this level.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delighted with that. Tommy has almost manage to do in 3 months what the previous two managers have failed to do in last 6 years, and that's address any shortcomings in our squad.

We now have pretty good comp for most places if you include the 3 or 4 young guys on periphery of 1st team.

We must still have space on the wage bill for one or two others?

Delighted with that. Tommy has almost manage to do in 3 months what the previous two managers have failed to do in last 6 years, and that's address any shortcomings in our squad.

Did I miss the signing of a centre half other than Plummer?

Really pleased with this, I wasn't expecting it at all. A defensive midfielder was the biggest thing we needed in my opinion but I was expecting us to have to soldier on with just Goodwin so this is great news.

With Drury signing the other day, I'd say all we need is another centre back and the squad is complete, in terms of numbers anyway. The midfield looks really strong now.

"Throughout his two-years at Coventry until his release, Osbourne was make sporadic appearance for the club and his absent was explained, due to lack of first team opportunities under managers and injuries, like knee injury."

27749d1399960047-apple-helping-hide-poli

Probably means that Goodwin will be playing centre half a fair amount next season :unsure2:

Osbourne will be an asset if fit, but with his track record that's going to be a struggle. I wonder how much of a pre-season he has behind him, or will it be similar to Eric last season.

There must be some great quotes worth digging out from Lex on Osbourne signing from us.

Just have a look back a page where he told me that he didn't want St Mirren signing guys in the 25-30 age range as it only meant they weren't very good.

Osbourne is exactly what St Mirren needed, a guy who will help the younger players in terms of experience and the older ones in terms of legs. Luckily Tommy Craig didn't listen to Lex on this one. Maybe he doesn't have Twitter.

No you didn't. Read it again.

Read it.

You stated he'd "addressed any shortcomings in the squad".

He clearly hasn't in my opinion.

I did notice the "almost", but it needs moved to make sense of what I think you're trying to convey.

There must be some great quotes worth digging out from Lex on Osbourne signing from us.

I spent all of 2minutes in our club thread looking before getting bored. Did find this gem though.

Carlo Monti.

:lol:

Going by his performances in the three games he's played, we'll see who has the last laugh here. 8)

Osbourne is superb. He picked up his season ending injury in an abandoned match with St. Johnstone where the pitch was brutal. Keep him away from Kilmarnock's monstrosity of a surface and keep your fingers crossed - you might have made a great signing.

Started in one game for us which we went on to win in his 14 league games for us. Good luck to him though, he seems a nice guy. Ossy >>> Ozzy though ;)

Osbourne is superb. He picked up his season ending injury in an abandoned match with St. Johnstone where the pitch was brutal. Keep him away from Kilmarnock's monstrosity of a surface and keep your fingers crossed - you might have made a great signing.

Artificial turf there now anyway... Not that plastic grass better for avoiding injuries <_<

Just have a look back a page where he told me that he didn't want St Mirren signing guys in the 25-30 age range as it only meant they weren't very good.

Osbourne is exactly what St Mirren needed, a guy who will help the younger players in terms of experience and the older ones in terms of legs. Luckily Tommy Craig didn't listen to Lex on this one. Maybe he doesn't have Twitter.

What a bizarre rant.

What I actually said was that anyone playing for us between the ages of 25 and 30 is doing so because they can't play at a higher level.

Osbourne falls into that category because of his injury problems, he averages about 20 games a season. If Osbourne didn't have injury problems, his last two clubs wouldn't have been Thistle and us.

That'll probably be that for this window.

Kello

Naismith

McAusland

Plummer

Tesselaar

Osbourne

McLean

McGinn

Marwood

Wylde

Thompson

Subs: Ridgers, Kelly, Drury, Goodwin, Teale, Ball, Caldwell