The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the St Mirren fans not learn anything from last season? You started poorly then too and ended up safe with games to spare. This season you've got a squad not filled with diddies like Grainger, Bahoken and St Mirren's version of Gary Harkins. Surely you can see the light at the end of the tunnel when you've got Thompson to come back in, as well as better options (and more experience for your youngsters) than this time last year?

Of course there's still plenty of time to turn things around and we surely will do it to some extent eventually, but the problems with the squad this year are more worrying than last year, coupled with the fact I have little faith in Craig.

I'd say overall the performances aren't as bad as this time last year but there are serious issues at both ends of the park, they can't put the ball in the net and the centre of defence is prone to making disastrous mistakes. That's a combination that will see you relegated.

The next three games are probably crucial, if we can get a win or two against Kilmarnock and Thistle then hopefully they will get some momentum and confidence back. Lose them and the pressure will just get worse, but I can't see the board making any hard decisions unless we are properly cut adrift by November/December.

Did the St Mirren fans not learn anything from last season? You started poorly then too and ended up safe with games to spare. This season you've got a squad not filled with diddies like Grainger, Bahoken and St Mirren's version of Gary Harkins. Surely you can see the light at the end of the tunnel when you've got Thompson to come back in, as well as better options (and more experience for your youngsters) than this time last year?

Shaky source to say the least, but someone on BAWA was talking to Thommo today in a chance meeting and remarked that he can't wait to see him fit and in among the goals as we desperately need him.

His response was something along the lines of 'I think my playing days are nearly done, to be honest'

A bleak self-assessment, if true. :(

Shaky source to say the least, but someone on BAWA was talking to Thommo today in a chance meeting and remarked that he can't wait to see him fit and in among the goals as we desperately need him.

His response was something along the lines of 'I think my playing days are nearly done, to be honest'

A bleak self-assessment, if true. :(

Yes , and I've heard that from another decent source who said he's retiring due to injury and other goings on within the club !

Yes , and I've heard that from another decent source who said he's retiring due to injury and other goings on within the club !

We're a complete and utter shambles right now, both on and off the park.

I first felt Thommo's nose was out of joint a bit when Craig completely overlooked him as part of his coaching team.

We're a complete and utter shambles right now, both on and off the park.

I first felt Thommo's nose was out of joint a bit when Craig completely overlooked him as part of his coaching team.

I heard that Thommo didn't want anything to do with the coaching staff as he wanted to focus on playing football.

I was told St. Mirren had a top 6 side and they were better than they were last year

I don't think many balanced supporters believed that.

You could argue that the squad is better than last year, but the simple fact is neither have top 6 potential.

We've got a couple of good players that haven't really shown up yet while the same glaring holes, such as centre half, have remained for three years.

I don't think many balanced supporters believed that.

You could argue that the squad is better than last year, but the simple fact is neither have top 6 potential.

We've got a couple of good players that haven't really shown up yet while the same glaring holes, such as centre half, have remained for three years.

yip everyone bar the management knows we're a mess at the back. And I think it's worse this time round. The board put up with this year in year out and do nothing to sort it. While teams like caley St J. Constantly out preform us. And worryingly both teams who've just been promoted look like they will do also.

Throwing this out there.... Do you think there is pressure on managers to play mcausland from the board? As soon as gus left he was signed back from QOS and has practically started every game since. Our centre halves don't have any competition for their places (Goodwin doesn't count) - no matter how good or bad you are that is not healthy.

Before the people start with mcausland is always the scapegoat. I am not blaming him for our poor start (although he has been extremely poor as well as others in the team). I like cheesy, he genuinely loves the club and is a local guy, so delighted to have him at the club and we need guys in the dressing room like him.

I don't think McAusland is forced to be picked, although understand why that suggestion was always made.

As a young defender he was fine, bit raw, but had some potential. Sadly I don't think he is improving, makes too many errors and technically isn't a Premiership player- too slow and seems a bit ungainly. That said he is vocal on the pitch and would walk though a wall for the club, probably reasons he gets picked, but I just don't think he cuts it at Premiership level. He is a good Championship player.

I think he thinks he is better than he thinks he is too or maybe tries too hard. He should simply try the basics, because he is a total confidence player. Against Hamilton he made a bad clearance, which we escaped from. You could however see the confidence drain out of him, and shortly after he made another mistake which Hamilton scored from. At Saints you cannot be a confidence player as we never get up enough of a run to make it viable!

Still feel the same way BJ? :P

Yes.

Hughes has started well but we have started well for about 5 years in a row now. I know he hasn't conceded but it's clearly obvious from the stands how to play against us, just no team really has done that yet #HughesOut

Yes.

Hughes has started well but we have started well for about 5 years in a row now. I know he hasn't conceded but it's clearly obvious from the stands how to play against us, just no team really has done that yet #HughesOut

Fair enough! :P .

TC really needed to get points on the board early the way Yogi has, even 4 points would have done. I was going to make a point about fans being fickle but you just blew that out the water. If ICT are still top by March can I get back to you?

Fair enough! :P .

TC really needed to get points on the board early the way Yogi has, even 4 points would have done. I was going to make a point about fans being fickle but you just blew that out the water. If ICT are still top by March can I get back to you?

I always want St Mirren to do well but I couldn't see it after TC was appointed. If we are top by March I will be spending my time on the Dundee thread but you could try to get back to me :P

St mirren fans are just like us Love getting smashed on the bus Wait up.. What's that smell The shite from killies bell MIRREN! MIRREN! We are the lennons men MIRREN! MIRREN! Who left us with ten men We're killing scum in tannadice Hardly a f^*^^^* paradise Pie and bovril, Barely any change Scamming Dundee mugs!!! MIRREN! MIRREN!

EPYxue9.gif

Archived