The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

Would the Saints have been just as well keeping wee Danny then? Fair enough take a chance on a young head coach but a doddering old fool supported by a couple of senior players hardly seems a forward move so far?

Any Saintees bothering to go to Firhill on Friday night?

If those of us wanting a change of manager knew at the time we'd get Tommy Craig then I think the majority (including me) would have stuck with Danny - and that was when he was appointed, before all the pish of the last month or so.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would the Saints have been just as well keeping wee Danny then? Fair enough take a chance on a young head coach but a doddering old fool supported by a couple of senior players hardly seems a forward move so far?

Any Saintees bothering to go to Firhill on Friday night?

Why would St Johnstone fans be going to a Partick Thistle - St Mirren match?

This headline could be read more than one way: http://sport.stv.tv/football/292468-st-mirren-boss-i-love-my-job-im-one-of-luckiest-guys-in-the-world/?

I've seen an indication in a few places that he is looking at emergency loans. In fairness it's the copy rather than his quotes that mention that and the STV article has since been amended, but if he really thinks he can bring in loan players at the moment then god help us all.

• 2 weeks later...

As I've said on B&WA, I'd sign him up. Not the most mobile, but holds the ball up well. was looking to bring others into play, and he clearly knew where the goal was. If we sign him, he'll score at least ten next season*. Feel free to bookmark this.

* And 'knowledgeable' supporters will slate him for not running around like a daft c**t. That will definitely also happen.

Two down, eight to go for Ball. I'm glad he's finding fitness and, more importantly, the back of the net.

He's become about five times more important for us now Thommo is out for the medium term.

Hate to disappoint you, but I never even knew Killie were playing last night, never mind went to the game.

Nice to know you're still on the look out for me though, we will meet one day QLP :wub:

It's just really amusing seeing you claiming you didn't know killie were playing. You were probably glued to it last night in your St Mirren onesie.

Aye ok...? :huh::lol:

Archived