The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

I think you may be right to an extent ^^. I believe they are holding out for 2m for 52% of the club.

Are we worth 4m? I have no idea and won't pretend to know. For a genuine football person we should be attractive club, but if you have 4m quid, you would buy a lower league team in England as opposed to us if it was purely a business decision.

The only hope we have is fan ownership, I just joined SMISA yesterday off the back of weds AGM. I wonder how many members or subscribers they have? And what the total is per month they collect?

I don't grudge Gilmour, he has done a fantastic job, but we have deffo stagnated now that we have everything in place off the park.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I find it hard to take any Saints fan seriously who has a pop at Gilmour. This guy played a huge role in saving us from being consigned to the history books and that should never be forgotten.

Thanks might be bad now, but they've been a lot, lot, worse. It might sound melodramatic now for some of our younger fans, but at least we'll have a debt free club that owns it's own ground and training facilities to support next season, regardless of what division we're playing in. There was a time when most of us would've killed for that.

As others have indicated it's the fact that things have rarely looked better for us off the pitch and we're regressing on it that leaves a bad taste in the mouth and leads to fans getting frustrated.

I wasn't at the AGM but have relatives who were, but reading between the lines it seems many of the board recognise they've made an error with regards to TC. Negligence to give the old duffer a 2 year deal though when we've always had rolling contracts recently. You would hope he'd do the decent thing soon if it's not happening but that doesn't sound likely.

Tommy Craig > Bomber. Fans were against Bomber from day one. His spitfire tactic caused an early decent run at least, but still.

There was always discontent but at least he got results of some sort. He had to add quite significantly to the squad in the summer and brought in some decent players who eventually got the job done. Just shat it when the pressure was on and run out of ideas.

He could have done a lot better but he could have done a lot worse. He didn't quite go 'full Clyde' on us like I was anticipating.

There was always discontent but at least he got results of some sort. He had to add quite significantly to the squad in the summer and brought in some decent players who eventually got the job done. Just shat it when the pressure was on and run out of ideas.

He could have done a lot better but he could have done a lot worse. He didn't quite go 'full Clyde' on us like I was anticipating.

He handed players long term deals who weren't good enough, he brought in his mates, he led to club legends on and off the park getting the sack. He even tried to bring in a junior keeper (who regularly posts on here) to play for us. Bomber was an unmitigated disaster.

Just seen Craig's BBC interview for Saturday there. Asked a question and just attempts to stare the reporter out.

He handed players long term deals who weren't good enough, he brought in his mates, he led to club legends on and off the park getting the sack. He even tried to bring in a junior keeper (who regularly posts on here) to play for us. Bomber was an unmitigated disaster.

Just seen Craig's BBC interview for Saturday there. Asked a question and just attempts to stare the reporter out.

Seen that too. Cringe worthy.

Surely, like most Scottish clubs, unless you have a decent amount of cash already and meet the following conditions you are not going to be interested in buying St Mirren.

• Are a St Mirren fan
  • Want to raise your profile (relatively speaking)
  • Want one of your family to get a high ranking job
  • Hate your family but don't like pets so can't bring yourself to leave the inheritance to the cat and dog home

Seems to me like Gilmour doesn't want the club anymore, but doesn't want anyone else to have it. Why would he? What with the work he did getting the cash for Love Street and spending it on the new stadium.

Gilmour is a fan and won't sell the club to someone unless he believes that person has the long term interests of the club at heart. Hence several bids being turned down.

When you look at the state some other clubs have got themselves into after dodgy owners came in, we can be thankful for that.

Simply there isn't any Saints fans or suitable parties willing to meet his consortiums valuation of £2 million. Our CIC fan ownership model almost got there, but fell short.

Basically we are waiting until either a Saints fan wins the lottery, Gilmour drops his price or some white knight with a pure heart rides in from afar with a pot of gold.

All 3 seem equally unlikely frankly. The club has been for sale for 5 years, I don't think the situation will change in the next 5.

Here's a link for anyone interested: Link.

:lol:

Thanks for posting the link which exposes the interviewer as being a shameless attention seeker.

His actions should guarantee him a job on the hard of thinking Record or Sun when the BBC is properly regulated.

Is there any money to be made from St Mirren? Unless you're a fan I can't imagine it's all that great an investment for potential return.

There's not money to be made in any well run Scottish football club.

The only way anyone could make money in Scottish football is by taking over a basket case club (Sevco), turning them into a non basket case, then selling them.

Archived