The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the guy that was recently making a tit of himself all over the press and Facebook saying he was buying us has set his sights on St Mirren. Reports down here suggest he has been in the boardroom at the last few St Mirren games and is telling anyone that will listen that he is buying your club. Be prepared for the same circus we have just had to endure

Apparently the guy that was recently making a tit of himself all over the press and Facebook saying he was buying us has set his sights on St Mirren. Reports down here suggest he has been in the boardroom at the last few St Mirren games and is telling anyone that will listen that he is buying your club. Be prepared for the same circus we have just had to endure

No he has not you have been misled.

So a guy tweets a picture of an EMPTY board room and that proves he is buying the club. For a start anyone who was seriously trying to negotiate the purchase of any business would not go putting pictures on social media ! His company has recently agreed advertising / sponsorship of some kind at the stadium so I am assuming he has taken that picture (if it was genuinely him - he has links to plenty people at KFC who will have been in our board room in the past) whilst in signing the paperwork on that business. This guy is NOT buying SMFC you can bookmark this all day long.

I agree completely he is not buying smfc in the same way he is not buying aufc but i was merely brining it to your fans attention that he is telling people he is much in the same way he did with us and with KFC.

Please provide us with written proof (not an unsubstantiated photo) that this guy has said he's going to attempt to buy St. Mirren.

If he's telling people on social media, then it will be quite easy to find.

I am beginning to regret my original post now i should have just stayed out of this. I think i am being slightly misunderstood..... To clarify: Ayr fans like me in the last few months have been privy to an individual who has been on social media and in the press (google it if you wish, it isn't hard to find) saying he is buying aufc and is going to plough £20k per month in and get us to the premiership in 2 years. When the AUFC chairman reacted to the publicity and asked him to put in a formal bid he had a complete meltdown and has publicly stated that he won't be paying for the advertising etc he has at Somerset. I along with other Ayr fans have been made aware that he has now turned his attention to St Mirren. The purpose of my post was merely to warn you guys that this was happening and don't be surprised if you end up having to put up with the same circus that we have in the last few months. I'm not suggesting for one second that he is going to buy your club.

I am beginning to regret my original post now i should have just stayed out of this. I think i am being slightly misunderstood..... To clarify: Ayr fans like me in the last few months have been privy to an individual who has been on social media and in the press (google it if you wish, it isn't hard to find) saying he is buying aufc and is going to plough £20k per month in and get us to the premiership in 2 years. When the AUFC chairman reacted to the publicity and asked him to put in a formal bid he had a complete meltdown and has publicly stated that he won't be paying for the advertising etc he has at Somerset. I along with other Ayr fans have been made aware that he has now turned his attention to St Mirren. The purpose of my post was merely to warn you guys that this was happening and don't be surprised if you end up having to put up with the same circus that we have in the last few months. I'm not suggesting for one second that he is going to buy your club.

GOD SAKE M8

HE'S NOT BUYING ST MURN!!!!11111

So the latest rumour is Thommo is finished :(.

Also McAusland was supposed to have said in an interview yesterday that God is out for the season?

What a season this is turning out to be. Would be a shame if it was to end in disaster for the current board.

Think someone is misinterpreting it - assuming Cheesy was talking about having been without him all season so far or something similar.

• 2 weeks later...

Have heard this mob may look to buy us if they can't get Motherwell - although they could be using that as a bargaining chip: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2829367/Nolberto-Solano-line-Motherwell-job-consortium-takes-control-Scottish-club.html

Dunno whether it's a positive or a negative. Situations like Anelka at Raith seem far more common than success stories.

I've just signed up to SMISA.

Cant are any other way out for us just now other than SMISA gradually buying up more shares and gain more influence.

I do feel for the directors, they have done what they said they would do when they boight the club, and have publicly admitted they have nothing left to give, whilst apparently rejecting offers that aren't in the best interests of the club. That has to be commended as they could have jumped at the first offer.

However, after reading about last nights agm, something has to be done, starting with them lowering the asking price for the club.

We have been drifting along for the last 5 years or so, with no clear direction.

Archived