Albion Rovers Thread 2014/15

If Maxwell signs and the Anderson deal is confirmed we'll be a goalkeeper away from a solid starting eleven. But with nine released, and the possibility of Crawford, R. Donnelly and Innes joining that list, lots of back-up still required.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Maxwell signs and the Anderson deal is confirmed we'll be a goalkeeper away from a solid starting eleven. But with nine released, and the possibility of Crawford, R. Donnelly and Innes joining that list, lots of back-up still required.

Innes is away, left a few weeks before the last game of the season.

I'd love us to try and get Gaston back, not convinced about Parry at times....his kicking needs a helluva lot of work done on them.

I'm sure we will have a squad of about 20 for the start of the season.

Innes seems to be gone- but we know this on your word only, with no official statement from the club.

Derek should find a Championship club. I'm sure the manager, after punting McGinley and Shepherd, has found a better option.

I too am sure we'll have enough players, it's the improvement in quality that remains to be seen. Having released some of our better performers from last season there will be no room for Tiffneys or Floods, although we already have a diddy on the books in McGuire.

Innes has publicly said he left the club weeks ago.

I'm not convinced on McGuire either, seen him in reserve games and also for the first team and he's not the best. He's very slow but always gives 100%. Don't see him starting many games with the Dunlop brothers cementing they positions.

I'd like us to get Joe Mbu and/or Squib Mckenzie now that both have been freed by East fife.

I think the manager is happy with Parry as his no1 and will merely find either a youngster or an older keeper without a gig elsewhere for his back up. No thanks re Mbu and McKenzie - Liam Buchanan would be more interesting , though. Derek Carcary anyone?

With Mick Dunlop, Scott Chaplain, David Anderson and John Gemmell all in their thirties decent cover is necessary in their positions. Dallas and C. Donnelly are a good start in that field. Derek Carcary would be a welcome addition to the left side, but he must be getting on a bit too.

No need to splash cash on Buchanan- he's disappointed at many clubs since leaving full-time football and would be a risk.

If the manager merely wanted a young 'keeper to play back up to his liable number 1, why not Shepherd?

I think the manager is happy with Parry as his no1 and will merely find either a youngster or an older keeper without a gig elsewhere for his back up. No thanks re Mbu and McKenzie - Liam Buchanan would be more interesting , though. Derek Carcary anyone?

Why no to Mbu or Mckenzie?

Both have been very impressive when playing against us, squib Mckenzie chips in with a few goals here and there...both know what's needed to win this league...would add experience to our squad.

Why would we sign carcary when we have just signed a left sided attacking mid Ally Love?

Just me being pedantic really haha.

Maxwell would be an excellent signing for you. Although he played a lot for us at Left Back (due to Nathan Shepherd's injury) he's honestly wasted there and far more effective further up the park. In 3 years at the Shire he played pretty much everywhere and has the ability to score some complete worldies!! Wherever he decides to go, I wish him well.

Rumour has it that Maxwell plays for the love of the game not big £££££££ and prefers to work for decent managers, and with that in mind will be joining the #CCRevolution :)

Is it confirmed he is signing with berwick then?

Archived