Albion Rovers Thread 2014/15

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have regular games against teams for our players who haven't played the game at the weekend. I've went along and watched us play junior and senior teams on a Tuesday night. From what I have seen these games although classed as "bounce games" are still very much competitive.

Interesting. I think the lack of any meaning of the result means that these matches are of lower value than the reserve league games though. Are these games at St Ambrose, Paul?

Interesting. I think the lack of any meaning of the result means that these matches are of lower value than the reserve league games though. Are these games at St Ambrose, Paul?

Yeah the games I've taken in have been at St. Ambrose. The first team have been training on the other pitch while the "reserves" have been playing these games.

Yeah the games I've taken in have been at St. Ambrose. The first team have been training on the other pitch while the "reserves" have been playing these games.

These games very seldon take place and are maybe once a month . The first" team " dont train on the next pitch , the ones who can be botherered to turn up though do " These games are also usually taken by the assistants to the manager who is seldom there . Its not the best set up for a club but possinly about standard at this level .

These games very seldon take place and are maybe once a month . The first" team " dont train on the next pitch , the ones who can be botherered to turn up though do " These games are also usually taken by the assistants to the manager who is seldom there . Its not the best set up for a club but possinly about standard at this level .

Touchy touchy... Well the games that I have been to up at St Ambrose last season, Ward was there and very much part of the reserve games, fair enough he wasn't doing all the shouting he does at the weekend but he was there watching. The "first team" were on the pitch next to them doing running exercises etc etc which were being monitored by the chap Flint.

A third kit? In aid of charity? Somebody is going to be raging :lol:

Yeah, the sponsors that fork out 5 figures to get their logo seen! That's assuming we've got one.

The charity strip can be put to good use if worn at home games against Montrose and Elgin when we struggle to make a profit at the gate in the first place. That way the crowd is boosted, the club breaks even when we may have expected a loss and, in theory at least, it's Publicity Central. (Publicity = a few people saying "well done Wee Rovers" and never attending a game.)

Foremost, though, we need an answer to the question on everyone's lips about the new kit: what colour will the numbers on the back be?

Yeah, the sponsors that fork out 5 figures to get their logo seen! That's assuming we've got one.

The charity strip can be put to good use if worn at home games against Montrose and Elgin when we struggle to make a profit at the gate in the first place. That way the crowd is boosted, the club breaks even when we may have expected a loss and, in theory at least, it's Publicity Central. (Publicity = a few people saying "well done Wee Rovers" and never attending a game.)

Foremost, though, we need an answer to the question on everyone's lips about the new kit: what colour will the numbers on the back be?

I have never met anyone who gets on my wick as much as you do

Delightful news today as the first shot has been fired into the heart of the Albion Rovers Buy the League Campaign.

Scott Maxwell has rejected £400 per week and the chance to work with a manager as illustrious as James Ward to work with #KingColin on peanuts. Scott was said to be put off by John Devlin during negotiations who wanted him to pose for each month in his latest fantasy scheme, the naked calendar.

Mr. Ward is said to be enraged by the decision and has already told John Gemmell to use his fat arse in order to injure him whenever we first meet in the league. Unfortunately the fat lump won't get near the division's best left winger, who will be tearing the Rovers a new arsehole on at least four different occasions next season.

Do not be too sad though chaps, I'm sure you'll secure a fantastic new left winger soon - if only Shire hadn't beaten you to Paul McMullan, eh!

Delightful news today as the first shot has been fired into the heart of the Albion Rovers Buy the League Campaign.

Scott Maxwell has rejected £400 per week and the chance to work with a manager as illustrious as James Ward to work with #KingColin on peanuts. Scott was said to be put off by John Devlin during negotiations who wanted him to pose for each month in his latest fantasy scheme, the naked calendar.

Maxi lives in Edinburgh would make more sense to sign for Berwick as they train up here, other than a camal trek to Coatbridge on the M8 on a tuseday and Thursday night.

Decent player for the Rovers, and he impressed me even more in later years when playing against us.

I'm sure he'll get sharp in pre-season but has he kicked a ball in the last two seasons?

Archived