Albion Rovers Thread 2014/15

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"They (Albion Rovers) enquired about a loan for Yaqub but that's as far as it got as TC wants him to kick on now that fully fit having missed most of last season through injury."

^Div quoting our GM.

• 2 weeks later...

So, has Cliftonhill been converted into the magnificent arena that we were all promised that it would be?

Work in progress.

On a side note, the last time I was at Cappielow I had to take a piss in complete darkness into what appeared to be a dug out trench - can you confirm that was definitely the gents toilets?

Work in progress.

On a side note, the last time I was at Cappielow I had to take a piss in complete darkness into what appeared to be a dug out trench - can you confirm that was definitely the gents toilets?

How did you manage to get into the manager's office?

• 2 weeks later...

All quiet on the western front. Do we expect any more signings before the season starts? I would have thought we are still a bit short on the left hand side and maybe a few squad players away from being able to compete over the full season.

Word on Pravda of new signings, and I'm sure Darren will finally break his vow of silence tonight at the Georgian.

Any particular position in midfield? Seems to be a fair few midfielders in the squad, assuming the gaffer is registered as a player as well. I guess that means Ciaran Donnelly will be seen as centre half cover rather than his holding midfielder role.

Probably just a keeper and another defender away from looking good to start in two weeks.

Ward released about a dozen from the fairly thin squad of 13/14, and fewer than that have signed this Summer. Although I'm non-plussed about the quantity in some areas, the back four was consistent last year - one suspension among them - and I think there will be more attacking quality on the subs bench than last season.

Phillips and Love have both played left back, but it would be nice to have signed a designated defender like Maxwell or Barry "match-fixer" Russell. A new goalkeeper is a necessity and competent cover in defence would still be nice.

Archived