Albion Rovers Thread 2014/15

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which rule/article is it. I can think of some with less than six.

I don't know but I'll find it. 3 seasons ago when we had to start from scratch, we only had 2 Directors (our current chairman & secretary) and the club faced a fine, by the SFA, due to not making the quota.

This may have been the same reason AR had 2 but have quickly brought other guys onboard. Rules may have changed since then and if they have then I apologise.

I note Ryan Donnelly advertising his availability as a free agent on the SPFL website this morning.

Did he not have a trial with a big team down south last season?

I note Ryan Donnelly advertising his availability as a free agent on the SPFL website this morning.

He's not a loss. Contributed very little in his half-season. This time last season I was hoping we could get Stewart Kean but he - ironically - took the big money at Hurlford. Who do we want to partner Gemmill up top, remembering, of course, that Chris Dallas will be back.

I'd reckon Ross McNeil will get that gig initially, with a backup striker being brought in soon with the money freed up by Ryan Donnelly..

I'd forgotten about McNeil. He's a player whom I must have seen but he's made no impression on me.

How has chris Dallas been performing at Albion?

Got crocked by Lee McCulloch - off the ball - on 9 March and that was his season over. He's a good player - unselfish runner who played the lone striker role to the best of his ability. Gets himself on the end of things to make me hopeful he can achieve something.

Two strikers is a thing of the past. I'd prefer to see Gemmell supported by Chaplain in an advanced midfield role- they're two forwards who play best with the ball at their feet.

Am not sure if two strikers are a thing of the past though. Admittedly the current craze is for a lone striker, but with midfields getting clogged up with ten or more players milling around there, it makes for boring football. Teams give up trying to thread the ball through, so end up just lumping it over the top. We saw enough of the aimless long-ball rubbish last season.

Dallas' strength is the ball to his feet, holding it up and laying it off again. Far too often he was stood there getting a crick in his neck watching the ball sail miles over his head......

Dallas' strength is the ball to his feet, holding it up and laying it off again. Far too often he was stood there getting a crick in his neck watching the ball sail miles over his head......

Exactly why I was thinking Dallas playing off Beast, let the big man do all the battles in the air with Dallas running off whatever flick ons etc he wins.

Tbh where will we play everyone, Mckenzie is either a forward or right mid...although I think he is best out on the right wing which is where Ward likes mcguigan to play....who does he drop??

Centre mid....Ciaran, chappy, Cusack and potentially the boy Anderson from QP...who do we drop from that???

It's going to be a competitive squad but Ward needs to get his best team sorted ASAP to get us going in the league.

Archived