Arbroath close season thread

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Danny Cadamarteri has been released by Carlisle.

I think he still lives in Carnoustie, he is 34 years old, so could be a good signing for any new manager ?

That'd be funny as f**k. :lol:

To be honest I know there's hardly a lot of them in the market but for this level having a former top player is the way forward, they have great contacts and can help out on the park, seeing more and more of it now with Sheerin sort of leading the way for Young/Naysmith/Hartley/Ferguson. Surely if it was Petrie he'd of already been announced near straight away?

'And I will never forget the fans either. They stuck by me too and the way they were after the Airdrie game at the end of last season will live with me forever.'

Oh Paul :wub::( :( :(

For what it's worth, I posted my tuppence worth on the arbroath-mad forum....

'I've always felt the difference between Paul Sheerin's teams and the rest of the managers I've watched us under is that he has always believed in entertainment value. Football is an entertainment business, and the gaffer has always tried to give the fans their moneys worth, sometimes it's worked, sometimes it hasn't, but he's always tried to give us 90 minutes of football. The main thing that concerns me at this point is someone coming in and treating it as purely a results based business, where the full time score is the be all and end all of the 90 minutes. I've got far too used to watching the team try to, and as I've said sometimes fail to, play football and to go back to watching turgid pish being served up season upon season (Hiya Stevie Kirk, Harry Cairney etc!) where entertainment value for the paying punter comes second best to results isn't really something I would look forward too. Obviously I hope we appoint a similiar forward thinking, attacking manager who believes in giving the fans their moneys worth'

<<<sobbing uncontrollably :lol::(

I genuinely can't contemplate pissing my money/ time up against the wall to watch something that is purely based on grindinng out the result or whatever, after 4 years of trying to entertain.... I really do hope we try to go with the same entertaining, attacking style that Sheerin attempted and for the most part pulled off, otherwise I'll be phoning the Samaritans from a gutter in Berwick come November :(

forget the football, indoor bowls for you all winter, because I will not put up with this garbage all winter ^^^^^^^^^

forget the football, indoor bowls for you all winter, because I will not put up with this garbage all winter ^^^^^^^^^

You seem quick enough to have a wee pop at things I say, but never say what you disagree with.....? :unsure2: :unsure2:

You seem quick enough to have a wee pop at things I say, but never say what you disagree with.....? :unsure2: :unsure2:

The last paragraph, doom and gloom, what if the new boss has us playing better football and greater success, lets have more glass half full than half empty

Wish Aberdeen done this right as the season finished, new gaffer is going to come into a club with a squad he hasn't assembled. Pre season just around the corner and manager less with nae defence.

Maybe should try get some decent Aberdeen reserves on loan as a sweetener.

Wish Aberdeen done this right as the season finished, new gaffer is going to come into a club with a squad he hasn't assembled. Pre season just around the corner and manager less with nae defence.

Maybe should try get some decent Aberdeen reserves on loan as a sweetener.

They had a defender who was on loan at Stranraer last season who looked decent. I'm sure his name began with a R

They had a defender who was on loan at Stranraer last season who looked decent. I'm sure his name began with a R

Released by Aberdeen,now a Stranraer player. Rumsby i think his name is

Archived