Arbroath close season thread

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott McBride.

Are Arbroath fans not a tad worried signing utter shite from the most gutless East Fife team in years?

It's TWO players. To be honest f**k knows what went wrong with that East Fife team last season anyways. Looked decent on paper. Where does McBride play? How old is he now? How do you know this Sneed Hearn? :lol:

So were looking at a starting 11 with Johnstone, McBride, Bobby Linn and Paul McManus all starting? :lol:

To be honest who cares which team players have played for before. At that matters is what they do at the club they are at now.

Last season Alan Cook was slated by Airdrie fans as being totally shite when he joined us. But he managed to score 12 goals in 35 games for a shite Arbroath side and put in some great performanes. Yes his performances dipped towards the end of the season due to an ongoing injury but over the whole season he was fairly decent for us.

Of course there are players who are just not good enough. But we wont know how these players will work out for us until at least they play for us.

To be honest who cares which team players have played for before. At that matters is what they do at the club they are at now.

Last season Alan Cook was slated by Airdrie fans as being totally shite when he joined us. But he managed to score 12 goals in 35 games for a shite Arbroath side and put in some great performanes. Yes his performances dipped towards the end of the season due to an ongoing injury but over the whole season he was fairly decent for us.

Of course there are players who are just not good enough. But we wont know how these players will work out for us until at least they play for us.

Never remember airdrie fans slating him, i think they said he had potential but his poor attitude led him down. I thought he was great for us and was disappointed to see him go

He was a moody c**t who bottled out of most 50/50 challenges. More poor performances than good ones. I did tho admire him for playing through the pain barrier at the end of the season

It's TWO players. To be honest f**k knows what went wrong with that East Fife team last season anyways. Looked decent on paper. Where does McBride play? How old is he now? How do you know this Sneed Hearn? :lol:

So were looking at a starting 11 with Johnstone, McBride, Bobby Linn and Paul McManus all starting? :lol:

Do you not want a glass of water to help you wash that bite down?

He was a moody c**t who bottled out of most 50/50 challenges. More poor performances than good ones. I did tho admire him for playing through the pain barrier at the end of the season

don't go down the route of "slagging" off players who leave our club and sign for an other one, under freedom of contract, leave that to East Fife fans, they like that

don't go down the route of "slagging" off players who leave our club and sign for an other one, under freedom of contract, leave that to East Fife fans, they like that

I'm not.....it's just my opinion of him.

Hey, be fair, we were slagging them off when they still "played" for us last season!!!

When Arbroath won at Gayfield and cook missed the penalty Airdrie fans behind me, slated him saying he was one of the worst players they seen.

The great man returns! Welcome back Joseph

Do you not want a glass of water to help you wash that bite down?

Already had one BerwickTUB mate, cheers though. I have googled McBride, I really liked him 1st time round, good left peg. Will be a good addition to the squad IF TRUE. Although going by his twitter he seems to have been speaking to the Gaffer and Bobby Linn on there so might be something to it.

Archived