Arbroath close season thread

Neilly pretty much sums it up, he'll run himself into the ground, but his footballing ability is very very limited. An average junior player at best IMO. He was given the captaincy on the fact that hes a "local lad". You'll love his corners that never beat the first man!

Sounds unreal. But like I said doubt he'll be 1st choice.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, Good luck to him, was never a FullBack but for some reason was persistantly played there and not with great success, hence the rather less than favourable reviews of him and his ability. People tend to forget when he first arrived and was a standout in his more natural left-sided midfield position, scoring quite frequently as well I remember!!!

Even MontheFife should remember how he would destroy Alloa seemingly all on his own quite regularly!!!

Number 11 shirt and in League 2 and you've got yourself a good player, Number 3 shirt and he'll be back at Kennoway before the Seasons over!!!

Hmmmm... Started off his career at East Fife pretty well at left midfield but was then punted to left back and then central midfield and back again.

Couldn't really find any level of form again, gave his all no doubt about it but his ability is limited and a new start will do him good but definitely replaceable.

I've said this before, the young guys are good players. But no upto scratch at this level yet.. Nowhere near it. Chris Scott looked the best but even then I wouldn't have him anywhere near starting.

Which is why we have no home grown players

Delighted but surprised Stonie gets another senior contract. Thought he was a cert to go junior. I'd imagine Arbroath have signed him as cover? Always gives a 100% and will be a good squad player in league 2.

I'd imagine so, we have lost all our left sided players from last season.

Would like to see Scott play a lot more games next season. He is a decent prospect and more game time should aid his development.

As for Bradley Donaldson. I would take him back as i think he would be a great addition to the squad. Hopefuly we can bring in a few more defenders into the club. We were far to light in defence last season.

My god yous have a east fife team..stoney, mcmanus and linn. Is Scott morrison and deuchar still with yous?

Liked mcmanus gave his all am glad he has signed for yous, great goalscorer even at this level no doubt he will haunt us like so many who leaves bayview.

Archived