Clyde Fc 2014-15

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was on twitter earlier saying "papers talk shite".....take from that what you will.

I think the paper mentioned Forfar.

Dumbarton would be a great move for him, a club on the up and of course the opportunity to play against Rangers, Hearts and Hibs.

I have my doubts about whether he'd make it further up. Technically he's quite clever when in form, and with one or two amigos to link up with. He came to us as a supposed fox-in-the-box, which never materialised if we're being truthful. However he had a very productive and consistent season and i'd have liked to see him build on it, and we'll do well to replace him with better, but my gut feeling is he could end up lost being surrounded by all round better footballers, which you lot will obviously be looking at to get back up at the first attempt. Prediction; he'll be the next Liam Cusick by Christmas.

I have my doubts about whether he'd make it further up. Technically he's quite clever when in form, and with one or two amigos to link up with. He came to us as a supposed fox-in-the-box, which never materialised if we're being truthful. However he had a very productive and consistent season and i'd have liked to see him build on it, and we'll do well to replace him with better, but my gut feeling is he could end up lost being surrounded by all round better footballers, which you lot will obviously be looking at to get back up at the first attempt. Prediction; he'll be the next Liam Cusick by Christmas.

Cheers. How many goals did he score last season?

Cheers. How many goals did he score last season?

13 goals and 11 assists from 32 starts in all competitions. A good squad player at upper-League 1 level I'd say, but I have serious doubts that he'll break through and become a regular above mid-League 1 level. A clever player who'll drift into the channels and drop between the lines to find space and link up play, he's good on the ball but often very wasteful when presented with a chance to shoot or pass to a team-mate in a better position, and is sometimes greedy (as the second point would suggest) - however he improved on his decision-making towards the end of the season. As ShAggro pointed out, you'll be looking to win the title and I don't think he has enough about him to establish himself as a regular in such a side.

Stefan McCluskey has just tweeted he might be joining us, will he score goals in league 2?

His biggest strength is drifting into space to receive the ball and carrying it forward. He runs well with the ball at his feet and is capable of going on a mazy and beating a few players. Unfortunately he is overly greedy and rarely picks the correct option. He also lacks composure and will regularly miss one on one chances or play-off deciding penalties. Comes across as thinking he is quite a player in his own mind but in reality certainly wont be a world beater at league one level.

Morton is a big step step, a club that could easily replace him with a better player, if he was to move up a level he's better joining a club like stenny, he can play as a forward/winger and centre forward I'm sure he will do a job in L1

Stefan McCluskey has just tweeted he might be joining us, will he score goals in league 2?

He's on a learining curve and leaves better than he arrived.

He'll chip in with a few goals but is more a provider of chances. If youve got a striker or two with a good eye for a goal they'll benefit from playing with him. I think he'll improve again and has the potential to be a Championship player, it's just whether he realizes that potential. Hopefully he does.

Archived