Clyde Fc 2014-15

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this horrible weather continues or gets any worse they'll need to pay me to attended, expecially if I turn up to watch the football I have been.. Pish

You said the other day on another thread that you wouldn't mind going to Elgin...

What happened to Fraser McGhee ? Was doin well in LB then Barry drops him for 1 mistake, not a fuckin clue

Imo McGhee is a very competent right back and was excellent when he came back into the team this season, switching him to left back done him no favours and he had a stinker there, but as we know with BF have a bad game or make one mistake and you are out the team,that is unless your names Durie, that why we have about 4 or 5 changes every other week.

Imo McGhee is a very competent right back and was excellent when he came back into the team this season, switching him to left back done him no favours and he had a stinker there, but as we know with BF have a bad game or make one mistake and you are out the team,that is unless your names Durie, that why we have about 4 or 5 changes every other week.

I genuinely think Barry doesn't like McGhee because he doesn't look like a football player ?

Out of interest, why do you lot call one of our biggest heroes of the last twenty years by a fairly unflattering nickname?? Marko then, Marko now, Marko forever :)

Eh? Surely it is Jessie, as printed in the team lines in the last programme of that championship winning season.

Or more specifically 'Big Jessie' which was used to wind up an old Stenny fan who was trying to wind the big man up by calling him this old Scots term of ridicule, as we went 3 down before halftime. So when in the second half big Pat ran riot and we triumphed 5-3 , or something like that, the Clyde fans near this guy were shouting there support for 'Big Jessie'. One of the best moments at an away game ever!

You got me TBP. There were loads of glorious put-downs that year. 'The bubbles burst' was often shouted loudly in the tunnel by that team, particularly against that filth from Possil. One favourite, had a Clyde backroom staff member standing at the dugout reading an Evening Times with a t*****e player rabbiting on about the false position of both clubs. As the players from each side dribbed and drabbed back to the tunnel, our coach grabbed (i think) Marko, Bryan Smith, Andy McClay and Alan Grant, showed them the article, then pointed and laughed in unison at the offending player, as he approached the tunnel, and followed him in. To which, Lambie and Collins went ballistic, at their own player, then their entire dressing room, including Lambie trying to impress upon Quinton Jacobs (lol lol lol) that (and i stress thoroughly I QUOTE) 'you're playing in the big league now; for real buddo, not bananas anymore'. Cue massive giggles at the t*****e players in the tunnel before the run out. Maitland also went on radio after we gubbed them ages later (agaaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnn) saying despite eight injuries, he knew we'd beat them cos 'we usually do'.

Out of interest, why do you lot call one of our biggest heroes of the last twenty years by a fairly unflattering nickname?? Marko then, Marko now, Marko forever :)

Best ask 'Bring Back Paddy Flannery' about how Ching got his nickname, I believe it was him who founded it.

Ching Mclaughlin, 3 for a ton.

Love the big man, another great guy to have around.

Can't you ask him for me?? There's even less of you lot than us.

That is (to the best of my knowledge) the first known mention of Ching as Ching.

And here is the question posted to the board of directors.

At a critical time in the season once again a section of our support appear to focus solely on the previous outcome of the EGM and the responses made at the AGM rather than backing the club on the field. Is there anything that can be added to the statements previously made re name change and relocation. For example can you clarify how a Board can legally set aside a special resolution? Is any progress being made in identifying a long term home for the club All this is asked in the hope that we can try and ensure that as a club we can be united off the field so we can all get back to supporting our club as it faces a battle on the park.

Did you get a reply on this C4L?

Eh? Surely it is Jessie, as printed in the team lines in the last programme of that championship winning season.

Or more specifically 'Big Jessie' which was used to wind up an old Stenny fan who was trying to wind the big man up by calling him this old Scots term of ridicule, as we went 3 down before halftime. So when in the second half big Pat ran riot and we triumphed 5-3 , or something like that, the Clyde fans near this guy were shouting there support for 'Big Jessie'. One of the best moments at an away game ever!

Pretty sure it was 4-3 but what a classic. Great days - that was one of my favourite ever games (or halves). Feels like a lifetime ago!!

Archived