Clyde Fc 2014-15

Getting VERY boring CIC members instructing non members to join up (suggesting that they don't care)

People need to wake up & smell the coffee....The Clyde support have been kicked from pillar to post & some have had enough....myself included.

There are some amongst the support who think that the board can do no wrong.

I will never forget fuds who came on here boasting about winning name change vote at the time. ( ScottR96 shouting GIRUY immediately after vote)

Liars on the board should now be removed due to EK shambles. These jokers are taking us down the road of sharing with some junior team when really we should be building bridges with the people of Cumbernauld & surrounding areas & creating a strong club in the community.

Our Clyde forefathers must be spinning in their graves at the state of our once proud club.

:lol:

I must've been 16/17 years old when the vote went through - winding folk up on the internet was a favourite pastime of mine. Glad to see my efforts weren't in vain.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clyde fans need to calm down.

Yes you're shite just now and have been for provably a bit to long but I'm sure that in a few year you'll be upto league 1 and have a few years of success again like a lot of other clubs enjoy.

Changed days from the start of the season when everyone seemed absolutely over the moon with the appointment of BF. You now have him and the board are backing him which seems fair enough to me.

Understand you're having problems off the park with the stadium etc but it was a stupid thing building a stadium that big in the 1st place. Sure you'll get something sorted, all you lot have to do is to stop arguing with each other and back the team.

It's shite now but it'll be good again one day and when it is it'll seem all the better as you've been through the shite.

I joined it. I am the guy that Clyde4life is claiming is "at it". I posted my concerns about the name change and got pretty much told to get lost and that "it couldn't happen". In fact, some wiseguy even told me we could move to an EKCT-built stadium and still not change the name.

Not one owner would tell me when the name change resolution had been "formally" or "irrevocably" removed. Yet one owner was willing to admit it had NOT been removed.

I have put a new poll up asking for support to remove the name change once and for all - and not just regarding EKCT - to remove the name change forever under any circumstances.

It has been viewed only 10 times. Here is the current score

Who backs a vote on removing the name change once and for all?

Yes, I believe the name must always be Clyde FC. poll_left.gifpoll_center.gifpoll_right.gif 50% [ 1 ] x No, I am happy to change the name poll_left.gifpoll_center.gifpoll_right.gif 50% [ 1 ]

Total votes : 2

I do believe the surname would not surprise you in terms of the 'wiseguy'

Clyde fans need to calm down.

Yes you're shite just now and have been for provably a bit to long but I'm sure that in a few year you'll be upto league 1 and have a few years of success again like a lot of other clubs enjoy.

Changed days from the start of the season when everyone seemed absolutely over the moon with the appointment of BF. You now have him and the board are backing him which seems fair enough to me.

Understand you're having problems off the park with the stadium etc but it was a stupid thing building a stadium that big in the 1st place. Sure you'll get something sorted, all you lot have to do is to stop arguing with each other and back the team.

It's shite now but it'll be good again one day and when it is it'll seem all the better as you've been through the shite.

Funnily enough, the arguments (and the arguers) disappeared when we were doing alright last season.

It does make them lose some credibility.

Funnily enough, the arguments (and the arguers) disappeared when we were doing alright last season.

The argument never went away at all just because we had some other topics to discuss. Not one person who is against the name change wants Clyde to lose.

Compared to everyone else involved in Clyde FC from the Board to the owners to the management team, it is a bit rich to talk about "credibility" of people who want to keep the name.

Is that so......were attendances considerably higher when we done 'alright'?? Was everyone huging under a tree at finishing fourth??? There's a perfectly good reason why it wasn't number one in the argument stakes...people were prepared to give the club the benefit of the doubt and get behind a reasonably competitive football team. Now we have neither....and you talk about credibility. Stick that in your jotter.

Cannibal, the technical point you make is correct. For a variety of reasons I don't think the name change will happen. That's just my personal POV. The issue was the final straw for many, not one thing in isolation. But if it ever does become relevant again it's likely to be at least 5 or 6 years away.

There's a lack of clarity about the alternatives. The inference is they favour a ground share with a view to something permanent later. Depends if they take us back to square 1 as at Firhill where there was nothing definite in place, just an aspiration, or Douglas Park where we knew it was definitely a short stay. That's still to play out & presumably their favoured option will go to a vote

The most important thing right now is retaining league status. Without that you can forget the rest. It's time the Board made a measured statement acknowledging the precarious position they're in & results are being reviewed as an ongoing concern. Not stating the manager has "x" number of games, but would be a balanced way of saying that they have the same concerns as the support & wouldnt view relegation anything other than disastrous. That might encourage more to back the team in the knowledge that if they put in the effort, the suits won't be sitting on their hands indefinitely.

I don't know any Clyde fan who followed them expecting cups & league titles. I followed them because they were my local senior team & were in the lowest league at the time. But I also knew of their proud history & there was a reason they were called "The Bully Wee". That's what was passed on to me by those who went before & I'll be fucked if I stand back & just "accept" any old shite to pass down to those who come after me. That includes calling current owners to account, or highlighting the powers they have. If I wanted to follow a non league or junior side, I'd have done so.

We're all hopeful BF can do enough to retain league status, but for f**k sake have a plan B.

Wee boys like yourself shouldn't have been winding folk up about a name change. You obviously voted yes and couldn't care less.

Grown men like yourself shouldn't have been getting your knickers in a twist - especially if it was blatantly obvious what I was doing. More important things in life to get riled about.

Cannibal, the technical point you make is correct. For a variety of reasons I don't think the name change will happen. That's just my personal POV. The issue was the final straw for many, not one thing in isolation. But if it ever does become relevant again it's likely to be at least 5 or 6 years away.

There's a lack of clarity about the alternatives. The inference is they favour a ground share with a view to something permanent later. Depends if they take us back to square 1 as at Firhill where there was nothing definite in place, just an aspiration, or Douglas Park where we knew it was definitely a short stay. That's still to play out & presumably their favoured option will go to a vote

The most important thing right now is retaining league status. Without that you can forget the rest. It's time the Board made a measured statement acknowledging the precarious position they're in & results are being reviewed as an ongoing concern. Not stating the manager has "x" number of games, but would be a balanced way of saying that they have the same concerns as the support & wouldnt view relegation anything other than disastrous. That might encourage more to back the team in the knowledge that if they put in the effort, the suits won't be sitting on their hands indefinitely.

I don't know any Clyde fan who followed them expecting cups & league titles. I followed them because they were my local senior team & were in the lowest league at the time. But I also knew of their proud history & there was a reason they were called "The Bully Wee". That's what was passed on to me by those who went before & I'll be fucked if I stand back & just "accept" any old shite to pass down to those who come after me. That includes calling current owners to account, or highlighting the powers they have. If I wanted to follow a non league or junior side, I'd have done so.

We're all hopeful BF can do enough to retain league status, but for f**k sake have a plan B.

You're right - it is not as pressing an issue as survival. However, the Board are backing BF so I doubt there is anything we can do on that front. We just need to hope we somehow hang on to league status.

That shouldn't mean we can't as owners raise other issues. To me it is quite simple. We keep hearing that no-one really wanted the name change - well then the owners need to tell that to the Board but for some reason they won't.

There's supposedly an EGM coming up. I'm just trying to get that issue out the way once and for all. I'm not interested in them coming back in 5 or 6 years for a re-vote. I want them to remove the name change as a bargaining chip in any move they try to engineer. I am as bored of talking about it as anyone to be honest. If the owners don't want to do vote for it then fine and I'll certainly stop talking about it after this either way.

You're right - it is not as pressing an issue as survival. However, the Board are backing BF so I doubt there is anything we can do on that front. We just need to hope we somehow hang on to league status.

That shouldn't mean we can't as owners raise other issues. To me it is quite simple. We keep hearing that no-one really wanted the name change - well then the owners need to tell that to the Board but for some reason they won't.

There's supposedly an EGM coming up. I'm just trying to get that issue out the way once and for all. I'm not interested in them coming back in 5 or 6 years for a re-vote. I want them to remove the name change as a bargaining chip in any move they try to engineer. I am as bored of talking about it as anyone to be honest. If the owners don't want to do vote for it then fine and I'll certainly stop talking about it after this either way.

exactly

Erm, because there's already a vote scheduled for the EGM to remove the name change mandate? I know going back over trodden ground is your speciality but the vote has been scheduled and there's nothing in the interim the owners can do about the issue.

Archived