The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Jonathan Sutherland ‏@BBCjsutherland 6m6 minutes ago Glasgow, Scotland

It's my understanding Liverpool are to recall Danny Ward from his loan spell with Aberdeen. @BBCSportScot

GU8BzQB.gif

It's ok, you've got Danny Rogers at Falkirk - tremendous 'keeper.

If you don't use him this time we'll take him back.

Just listened to McInnes' post-match interview on RedTV. It's the most dispirited and frustrated I remember hearing him after a loss. It was a short interview, but I thought it was a fair and honest assessment. No excuses. Ditto for Taylor and especially Reynolds.

Flood's injury is a big blow for us, especially given that Jack is already on the sidelines. How do we start in midfield against County on Sunday? Shinnie and McLean in the holding roles with McGinn, Pawlett and Hayes behind the main striker? Shinnie and McLean are both very talented players individually for us, but ideally we wouldn't be playing both outwith their preferred positions. I can't see Robson starting given the lack of game time he's had so far this season.

Gutted if Ward is going back to Liverpool. Though he looks like he'll be their No1 in years to come. Or sooner.

McInnes rarely talks about transfers but a no-nonsense midfielder must be high on the priority list in January, and possibly now a keeper. Would also expect to see some planning for a Shay Logan replacement in expectation that he'll be off in the summer.

Get the young lads some games. Then find a manager who doesnt shite the bed. Etc.

I'm 29, most of my life Aberdeen have massively underachieved and been pretty shit. Numerous shite managers have come and gone but when you guys have a half decent/good one you want rid. It's like you hate not having a gaffer to moan about. Who you going to replace Mcinnes with?

f**k sake be aswell just handing hearts second place now

Never realised Ward scored our goals as well? Some games he had nothing to do and others he was great. Would love to keep him but if not, Rogers/Brown or A N Other will hopefully step up and maybe the defence starts doing their job again.

(We may be in talks with A N Other but he's not playing in Paisley )