The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

That’s the problem though, inconsistency has cost us this year massively.

Which means we have got to go out and put a bigger squad together for next year. Guys who can come in to the team and offer something different then we already have. Plan B type players. Take the signing of Church for example, a very similar player to Rooney but just not as good. I don’t think that’s a great use of the budget, why not go for a target man type player or someone with real pace?

Another thing about players being inconsistent is if people like Mcginn and Hayes played to their top level every week they wouldn’t be at Aberdeen.

Could you explain how a striker loaned for six months and has scored six goals is not a "great use of the budget"?

Could you explain how a striker loaned for six months and has scored six goals is not a "great use of the budget"?

Fair point, it was a bad example that.

Although am not a fan of church you cant knock his return, all i was trying to point out was if Rooney never got injured how much of church would we of seen?

And i understand the return to this would be "but he was brought in to cover rooney, which he has". Which is also spot on, however i would rather have a different type of striker to come of the bench.

i read so many comments from dons fans that we have missed a fantastic opportunity to win the league but the facts is that take away the Aberdeen games that Celtic have only lost 1 game in 31 games. I think for Aberdeen to win the league they will need help from other teams and they are not getting that with a very poor Celtic side. 

I think Derek McInnes has done really well in the league for the 3 campaigns now playing some decent football although he will have to improve his record in the cups as two first round exits is unacceptable this season. 

Edited by Milners

Whit?

He's been nominated alongside 2 of our lads and Griffiths. No-one has won it yet.

No griffiths and two of your lads have been named alongside Jonny Hayes.

I am only implying that there is as clear a winner as there is a clear runner-up. Sure your two lads have done well but this is just a chance for them to buy their first suit and get a nice night out.

Celtic have dropped 19 points against the other 10 clubs this season, last season they dropped 22. 

This season we have dropped 31 points against the other 10 clubs, last season we dropped 27. Up to the split we had dropped 28 points compared to just 19 points last season.

If we had the same record against the other 10 as last season, alongside our record against Celtic this season, we would be in the driving seat for the league. We have nobody to blame but ourselves. 

No griffiths and two of your lads have been named alongside Jonny Hayes.

I am only implying that there is as clear a winner as there is a clear runner-up. Sure your two lads have done well but this is just a chance for them to buy their first suit and get a nice night out.

Mmm, there's a pretty clear order. Griffiths first, Hayes second then the other two.

Celtic have dropped 19 points against the other 10 clubs this season, last season they dropped 22. 

This season we have dropped 31 points against the other 10 clubs, last season we dropped 27. Up to the split we had dropped 28 points compared to just 19 points last season.

If we had the same record against the other 10 as last season, alongside our record against Celtic this season, we would be in the driving seat for the league. We have nobody to blame but ourselves. 

Correct. Reminiscent of 70/71, 6 home draws against teams we beat away cost us. Airdrie, St Johnstone, St Mirren, and Motherwell.

We also drew at home with Rangers and Celtic, but I can forgive those.