The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I believe that Jackson Irvine and Michael O'Halloran along with a Loan signing from and English club will be at Aberdeen on Monday. Aberdeen have allowed both players to stay until after this weekends Semi Final games. Goodwillie will be heading to St Johnstone as part of the deal for O'Halloran. A fee of around 150k will be paid for Irvine and around the same for O'Halloran with add ons.

Really hoping Goodwillie doesn't score tonight. 

You can't blame him for the second or third really. Shocking defending (whose idea was it to match McLean with Anderson at a set piece?!) all round.

His worst error was wrongly called as a foul and never stood.

I'd argue the free kick was pretty decent too, the wall's there for a reason but to get that amount of dip, Wotherspoon does very well. If he's going to stand in the middle he might as well not have the wall.

So...

Scott Brown, eh?

The saviour of Aberdeen FC.

McInnes got a fucking load wrong tonight. Calderwood/Craig Brown style tombola. Not a chance Rose was 'injured' at half time, hauling him off will have completely broken his confidence. 

McLennan looked bright.

Saints had our pants down tonight. McInnes sounded like he'd had enough with some of the soft centred pansies tonight. Fair clear out coming, you'd have to think.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if Reynolds and McGinn were moved on in the summer along with Jack if a buyer can be found.

Struggling to understand what Ryan Jack is bringing to the table. He was virtually anonymous when the chips were down tonight, which is completely unacceptable for a captain. On the rare occasions he did have the ball, he was far too slow and his distribution was dire. 

McLean, Shinnie, Robson and McLennan emerged with some credit. 

As much as I admire his passion and skill on the ball, it's fairly clear that Robson is past it. Another season would be a mistake.

Could be argued this seasons contract was a mistake as he looked finished last season.

Another anaemic performance last night, just waiting for the season to finish at this point. 

On a positive note, I'm glad McInnes spoke about the lack of physicality and drive in the team in his post-match interview as it shows that he isn't blinkered to the very obvious problems with the team.

Hopefully his Summer recruitment goes better than last years which, Shinnie aside, was a total failure with no players lasting past January.

Agree completely. He shat it yet again when we needed a leader to drag us into the game.

said to you for a good while I do not see what all the fuss is about with Ryan Jack. Bizarre decision to make him captain this season as in all the games I have seen he does not seem captain material. I rate Hayes and shinnie highly but both seemed to be going through the motions all night and constantly whinging at their team mates. Big summer ahead for the dons ( like saints )

said to you for a good while I do not see what all the fuss is about with Ryan Jack. Bizarre decision to make him captain this season as in all the games I have seen he does not seem captain material. I rate Hayes and shinnie highly but both seemed to be going through the motions all night and constantly whinging at their team mates. Big summer ahead for the dons ( like saints )

The 'big fuss' is that when he is on form he is a very, very good player.

Another season dribbles away in disappointment, typical of 48 out of the 53 seaons I have followed the Dons. High hopes and promises, followed inevitably by dashed hopes and shattered dreams. You'd think you'd get used to it after a while, but I still fall into the same trap.

I felt genuinely disappointed when I realised we still have three home games I have to attend.

In a way I enjoy going to the football without the pressure of needing the team to win. Providing they don't turn in performances like last night, that is.

On a positive note, I'm glad McInnes spoke about the lack of physicality and drive in the team in his post-match interview as it shows that he isn't blinkered to the very obvious problems with the side.

It's quite remarkable given the amount of "I love the eighties where's fergie" fans in our support that at no point in his Dons career has McInnes ever really been questioned. A lot of it is down to what he says. He never bullshits, and always tries his best to address real issues.

I felt meh ahead of last night and even more meh now about the last few games.

Some serious recruiting required over the summer.

I'm probably most disappointed in McGinn. Probably goal of the season but yet has been posted missing in far too many games this season. mind on the Euros.

It won't be acceptable if we somehow self-destruct and finish 3rd.

Four strong performances now needed. Our form after the split in recent years has been so poor.