The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

We need that CM, Willo going at least means he knows it's a problem position. I'd like him as backup but he'll be on a decent wage and Storie can do just as well, if not better. A proper defensive mid would be what we need, giving us that, creativity (McLean) and passing (Jack). O'Connor for the games v Hearts and Celtic/any other team which emerges as a physical threat, and dropping one out (I'd like to think Jack but he's probably nailed on every week unfortunately) for the weaker sides.

Another winger would be nice too for competition, and failing that, actually play Wright, he looks good and could do well against the worse teams.

8 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

We need that CM, Willo going at least means he knows it's a problem position. I'd like him as backup but he'll be on a decent wage and Storie can do just as well, if not better. A proper defensive mid would be what we need, giving us that, creativity (McLean) and passing (Jack). O'Connor for the games v Hearts and Celtic/any other team which emerges as a physical threat, and dropping one out (I'd like to think Jack but he's probably nailed on every week unfortunately) for the weaker sides.

Another winger would be nice too for competition, and failing that, actually play Wright, he looks good and could do well against the worse teams.

We're being strongly linked to a young Welsh striker from Bristol City this morning.

Find it very odd we're after a 4th striker when we are so poor in central defence &lightweight in centre midfield.

if Flood goes as well as Smith, we're two midfielders down. 

Ideally we need:

Centre half

Centre mid

cover at winger.  

On 11/07/2016 at 10:47, Deeboy said:

Were St Johnstone not after Pawlett again?

Our managers been in the media lately saying we're only planning on signing a defender and a centre forward. If we did sell Davidson then bringing Pawlett in would make more sense, but as it is the midfields fully stocked.

We're being strongly linked to a young Welsh striker from Bristol City this morning.

Find it very odd we're after a 4th striker when we are so poor in central defence &lightweight in centre midfield.

if Flood goes as well as Smith, we're two midfielders down. 

Ideally we need:

Centre half

Centre mid

cover at winger.  

Cover at full back. Disappointed we never went for super kev.

2 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Cover at full back. Disappointed we never went for super kev.

Glad we haven't went for Kev, never good going back for a player that used to play for us. I would think although decent defender now that his pace has gone. 

Good to get some cover wide, with this Burns lad.

A year too late but also good to see Cammy Smith loaned out for game time. There's a player in there, needs regular first team starts and United should provide that. Good to see the lad still has the hunger to come back here and win a first team place.

When Flood goes, we do need to bringing in a brute of a central midfielder. Ideally a decent centre half too, but O'Connor may fill that role.

So we've signed so far:

Lewis (GK)
Alexander (GK)
O'Connor
Morris
Storey
Stockley
Burns (loan)

Still need a bit of strength added at CB/CM (depending on where O'Connor will play).

Going forward we have what we didn't have last season - options.

Hayes, McGinn, Storey, Stockley, Rooney, Burns. Wouldn't be surprised if Pawlett was now away.

Foolish, but unsurprising that our game at Parkhead on Aug 27 hasn't been chosen for TV coverage.  I'm sure Kilmarnock vs RFC the same weekend will be marvellous viewing for BT subscribers though.

Edited by O_Kahn