The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I'd forgotten how much I liked those A-Fab kits. The white and black away (2003/04?) one being a personal favourite. 

Ended up wearing my red and white one from the 2003 season at the cup final. My wife found it when we were clearing out boxes of old stuff and it remarkably still fits. Very comfortable.

43 minutes ago, Milnzo said:

Dave Cormack back on board with investment of 'millions' - that'll be the training ground(phase1) funding that was secured the other week.

Don't know much about Dave Cormack other than he lives in the states (Florida?) and he's got more than a few quid.

Good news though. 

ETA - linkage http://www.afc.co.uk/news/9690.php#.WT-NjGjyuUk

Edited by shootingboots

Great news, even though some of his ideas regarding Scottish Football have been a bit batshit in the past.

I'm sure after he left Aberdeen he suggested setting up a new Club called Ecosse FC aimed at getting support from Scotland fans who aren't necessarily attached to a Club side :huh:

Scott Burns saying that Celtic have upped their offer for Hayes to £1.3 million plus a loan of Christie for a season.

I'm pretty much resigned to this happening now. As painful as it will be to see him in a Celtic shirt.

Just don't get shafted on the fee please dons.

Yeah I think Hayes is a goner. Just get it over with if it's happening and get as high a fee as possible.

Christie back would be great, but frustrating at the same time if it's only a loan.

McInnes going doesn't bear thinking about. Can't think of a single "obvious" candidate who I'd be really happy about - papers have us linked with Jack Ross this morning.

7 minutes ago, Milnzo said:

Tommy Hoofball Wright is a great bunch of lads but he and his negative tactics can get to heck.

Saints fans may correct me but I think McInnes used similar tactics at St Johnstone, doesn't mean he's a negative Manager.

He's just pishing with the cock he's got. 

Wright comes across as a bit of a dinosaur, he certainly he wouldn't be the young, dynamic manager with his career on an upwards trajectory that McInnes is.

Not that Archibald or Ross would fill me with joy given they've done pretty much f**k all bar finish above a lot of dross in their respective leagues.

I'd hope we'd look outside the usual suspects should it come to it, although I suspect we'd end up with Stubbs or similar.

1 minute ago, anotherchance said:

he certainly he wouldn't be the young, dynamic manager...

skysports-richie-foran-inverness-manager

1 minute ago, anotherchance said:

....with his career on an upwards trajectory that McInnes is.

_95655102_13472646.jpg

40 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Saints fans may correct me but I think McInnes used similar tactics at St Johnstone, doesn't mean he's a negative Manager.

He's just pishing with the cock he's got. 

Exactly. TW isn't the man for Aberdeen though. What realistically can the next manager of Aberdeen achieve? 3rd place, maybe the odd 2nd, a cup final every 5 years? It's not the right time for anyone ambitious to take that job unless they're in a far inferior job paying far less money. 

Tommy Wright it is then.