The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Moving on a tangent,does any dandy Don think Mcinnes and Tommy Docherty think one of the challenges remaining,apart from Europa League group qualification,is to take a point from New Douglas Park next season?ftw

Let's start with scoring a goal, then we can discuss points.

Moving on a tangent,does any dandy Don think Mcinnes and Tommy Docherty think one of the challenges remaining,apart from Europa League group qualification,is to take a point from New Douglas Park next season?ftw

we have craig brown on the board. Winning by most corners counts for something here.

That's a step too far for us. Can see us making the knockout stages if the Europa before we get 3 points at NDP.

13 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Hayes has just had a better season than Roberts. He might be approaching 30, but he is a better all-round player, and, with fewer defensive responsibilities (which he generally carries out assiduously), he should be a good signing for Celtic in the short-term. Roberts undoubtedly has age and potential on his side, but I'd rather have Hayes in my team at this moment in time. He is a fantastic player. 

:lol: 

Only way to decide who's better, is to get Roberts playing at the Dandies for a few years, to see how he gets on.

It's the only fair way to decide it.

We could also use this technique to decide the "Dembele v Davie Dodds" argument.

Stockley or Scott Sinclair too

Hayes got the same amount of Premiership goals last season as Roberts and a superior assists tally despite being in an inferior team. I also thought Hayes was the more impressive of the two in the couple of games between the sides at the end of the season. Playing for Celtic should be an easier job for Hayes, as he will be complemented by better players and there should be less emphasis on his defensive duties. None of this is to say that Roberts isn't an excellent player - he is. I probably should have said that I would rather have Hayes in this Aberdeen team, although that is just my personal preference. 

I'm perhaps guilty of looking at it somewhat emotionally as Hayes is the best player I have seen play for Aberdeen in my lifetime, though. 

What Roberts' stats don't include are the number of free-kicks he won in the final third which led to goals. Sure Hayes also won his fair share but if I recall correctly, Roberts either directly or indirectly contributed to over 30 goals for Celtic last season. Can appreciate the stature that Hayes has with Aberdeen fans but I think they'd be in the minority to class him as a 'better all-round player' than Roberts.

Its the same as the Dembele/Griffiths argument. I'd rather have Griffiths in my team at the moment, I think he currently is better than Dembele, but obviously Dembele has a higher potential so is going to be worth more. Hayes at the moment is better than Roberts, but he won't be for long. 

On 6/17/2017 at 18:59, naegoodinthedark said:

Rangers?

Aren't they dead?

Jonny Hayes was fucking brilliant for us. I've loved watching him rip up shit for years.

Not ideal he's gone to Celtic, but anyone not thanking him for his time at the Dandies is a total c**t. End of.

I'm a c**t then - no one that goes to one of our rivals get thanks from me

This. He had my gratitude the day he left. I have no ill feeling towards him. But he's gone.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new side mcinnes puts together.

Rumours of a last ditch effort to get Nicholson before he goes to the states.

Can't honestly say he's ever been a stand out when I've seen him for Hertz.