The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

14 minutes ago, Tuckerstoes said:

No but it's good experience for him. Everyone has to start somewhere. It's a huge leap to be fair and no doubt he won't be able to keep the pace in a totally different league, but give him a shot. 

You've obviously seen the boy play or know something about him.

Does he stand out at the level he has been playing at then ? 

No but it's good experience for him. Everyone has to start somewhere. It's a huge leap to be fair and no doubt he won't be able to keep the pace in a totally different league, but give him a shot. 

I'm being facetious of course. I wish him well and hope he captains us to success, but our record of signing promising kids from the lower leagues isn't something to write home about

17 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

This summer will go down as my least favourite ever. Plundered and an increasing set of bizarre choices and statements coming from Pittodrie. Weird way to run things and then ask people to turn out to watch the team.

Calm down min, the summer isn't over yet. If we don't sign anyone before the euro deadline then fair enough. 

2 hours ago, Karl Fletcher said:

So did Lawrence Shankland :rolleyes:

Great news on Joe and would be happy with Greg Stewart on loan as well.

Scott Burns is usually spot on with his Dandies news so happy to believe this 

Joe Lewis is the best keeper we have had since Theo Snelders so really happy about him signing on for a few more years.

Greg Stewart would be a great signing and one to calm down the supporters who are going over the top. As you say Scott Burns is usually spot on. 

1 minute ago, Sheep62 said:

Christ min, break it to us gently.

Hardly the response I was anticipating or hoping for !

Even the best players of league one don't stand a chance in premiership. Big gap between the big boys

17 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

BBC Sport running with the Stewart story now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40408150

Looks like a done deal :) 

Fantastic. Will certainly be heading to Pittodrie when I've a free weekend if confirmed.

Must point out that article says -

"The 27-year-old left Dens Park for the Championship club last year and scored six goals in 26 appearances, but could not secure a regular starting place."

Greg didn't score a goal for Birmingham.

Stewart's a lightweight player, his game was never likely to do so well in The Most Physical League In The WorldTM. Up here he was terrific and I expect him to pick up where he left off should he sign for us. His game is very similar to McGinn's (which is why I don't expect Niall to do that well down south), and he should be a good fit for our team. His shooting technique will provide an option against teams that sit in. 

46 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Fantastic. Will certainly be heading to Pittodrie when I've a free weekend if confirmed.

Must point out that article says -

"The 27-year-old left Dens Park for the Championship club last year and scored six goals in 26 appearances, but could not secure a regular starting place."

Greg didn't score a goal for Birmingham.

He did score 6 goals last season but it was for Dundee