The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

There's a couple in the premiership that are better imo.

To be fair, when people say this, I think they just look at performances in the league, certain big results etc.

If you actually look at the transformation of the club since we appointed Derek, it is night and day.  Put the 2nd place finishes to one side for a second.

He has no reservations about telling the chairman that our training facilities are unacceptable.  He demands the most out the team week in week out, whatever you say about his big game record, he has always been consistent against teams below us.  Whether it was realistic or not, for a season or two he had the club and the fans believe the unthinkable might be possible. 

Listen to anyone who's played for him, even the fringe players, they love him.  I'd be surprised if the managers you're thinking of could do significantly better than gorgeous Derek.

25 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

To be fair, when people say this, I think they just look at performances in the league, certain big results etc.

If you actually look at the transformation of the club since we appointed Derek, it is night and day.  Put the 2nd place finishes to one side for a second.

He has no reservations about telling the chairman that our training facilities are unacceptable.  He demands the most out the team week in week out, whatever you say about his big game record, he has always been consistent against teams below us.  Whether it was realistic or not, for a season or two he had the club and the fans believe the unthinkable might be possible. 

Listen to anyone who's played for him, even the fringe players, they love him.  I'd be surprised if the managers you're thinking of could do significantly better than gorgeous Derek.

Whilst all you say is probably true. Speaking from experience with my club,  who we all know Derek was a player and manager with, we currently have a better manager. Just my opinion mind, means f**k all to you weirdos up North. 

I want to play a bit of devils advocate here. Do you think that DM has been made to look better than he is given Rangers, Hearts and Hibs problems/ Aberdeen sorting out their own financial problems during his reign? Would you consider his achievements as minimum expectation given these circumstances? Would any half decent manager have achieved the same?

2 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

I want to play a bit of devils advocate here. Do you think that DM has been made to look better than he is given Rangers, Hearts and Hibs problems/ Aberdeen sorting out their own financial problems during his reign? Would you consider his achievements as minimum expectation given these circumstances? Would any half decent manager have achieved the same?

No I don't.

You're forgetting we lived through the Jimmy Calderwood era, which from the outside you'd call a great success.  3rd/top 6 finishes year on year, a good European run etc.  What you might call minimum expectation for a Dons manager.  However, he was widely regarded as a buffoon.  His career since has proved that to be right.  Calderwood never held the respect amongst the fans that Mcinnes has now.  And for good reason.

Derek is a class above, he can't control the other clubs imploding around him.  It's actually quite funny seeing clubs that drove themselves into the ground coming up smug trying to downplay our achievements based on their own failures.  f**k them.

4 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Currently the best points total at a third of the way in with Hearts, Hibs & Le Cirque de Clown  all back in the big time, so I 'd say not. However, I'll see your half decent with a decent and say, mebbes aye, mebbes naw

It's similar to Celtic's last season and Rangers' plight. Yes it was easier cus the **** are shite, but it doesn't take away from the achievement of an unbeaten season.
You can only beat what's in front of u.

11 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Finishing ahead of Rangers last season and getting to two cup finals was an excellent return. The club has its shit together on and off the park. DM has been at the centre of this revival but by no means the only factor. Everyone associated with Aberdeen are desperate to see the club lift more silverware. However, the task is huge, up against a financial giant of a club.

No doubt they never wanted him anyway as there are far better managers out there who are only waiting for the call so they can run to Ibrox such as ... 
:unsure2:

RangersMedia is fun. A section "never wanted him anyway, we need to aim higher", some think "he's been desperate for the job but realises he's not getting it so is now playing up to the Aberdeen support" and a new section are trying to convince everyone Stuart McCalls Motherwell stint is more impressive than McInnes at Aberdeen.

That's ignoring the group who want Neil McCann as their next manager, and those who think only Walter Smith can save them. One boy is raging there's been no moves for Ancelloti

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

RangersMedia is fun. A section "never wanted him anyway, we need to aim higher", some think "he's been desperate for the job but realises he's not getting it so is now playing up to the Aberdeen support" and a new section are trying to convince everyone Stuart McCalls Motherwell stint is more impressive than McInnes at Aberdeen.

That's ignoring the group who want Neil McCann as their next manager, and those who think only Walter Smith can save them. One boy is raging there's been no moves for Ancelloti

It really is. I was reading through it earlier. It beggars belief.