The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I'm a big McGinn fan, but I wouldn't be up for paying him over the odds now. We were fortunate to have him at his peak, although his last couple of seasons with us were more variable. I wouldn't mind having him back with us, but not at the expense of, for example, giving Wright an extended run in the team and a chance to grow and mature. I suspect he will come back to Scotland in January, but end up at one of the Edinburgh clubs (probably Hearts). 

I'd release McLean (who has barely kicked a ball for us all season), and use his wages to pay McGinn. 

McGinn would undoubtably be an asset to the team, and his deliveries to someone like May would be fantastic. If we could somehow get Hayes back also, our team/squad would be immense.

Was always a McGinn fan, when he was on fire, he was a joy to watch.  Scored some great goals for us. But i suspect he would want a decent wage and that would put me off bringing him back, more so as it would keep Wright out the team, much rather we brought Wright on to full fill the great potential that the lad has, than give a player who is most probably past his peak back.  He might end up at Killie...

2 minutes ago, TrebleTwenty said:

Was always a McGinn fan, when he was on fire, he was a joy to watch.  Scored some great goals for us. But i suspect he would want a decent wage and that would put me off bringing him back, more so as it would keep Wright out the team, much rather we brought Wright on to full fill the great potential that the lad has, than give a player who is most probably past his peak back.  He might end up at Killie...

I'd rather he was in our team, than against us! The thought of him signing for Hearts makes me sick.

On 17/11/2017 at 15:04, AFCDannyFTH said:

I'd rather he was in our team, than against us! The thought of him signing for Hearts makes me sick.

This. 

As I've said, he's a fucking hero. I love the guy, and I don't buy into the fact that he was poorer last season than before. His output is remarkably consistent, barring that first season where he played through the middle. His delivery and finishing from wide areas has been so obviously lacking this season. With Stewart and Christie our play goes through the middle and we can't create the space to work opportunities. GMS and Wright give us more natural width, but neither are on the level of McGinn. 

Bring him home!!!

I’m just joining in the Del leaving bandwagon there.

Apparently he’s a director at INEOS, who have been buying North Sea assets the last wee while. They’ve been in Grangemouth for ages but Falkirk are obviously too #diddy for him.

I’m just joining in the Del leaving bandwagon there.

Apparently he’s a director at INEOS, who have been buying North Sea assets the last wee while. They’ve been in Grangemouth for ages but Falkirk are obviously too #diddy for him.

A different Tom Crotty it seems. Falkirk being a diddy team still stands at least