The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
17 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Plenty romours floating around McInnes is a done deal with the **** sadly a  press journalist has tweeted Aberdeen are sounding out Jack Ross. Will be absolutely gutted if he leaves he has us playing the best football I have seen for decades from a Saints side for sure Ross will move to bigger clubs just hope it's not now.  His players constantly praise him so his management skills must be top notch.

It's a cunning ploy from the Dons as taking Ross is the only way we'll win the cup tie.

I don't really understand the Ross hype amongst sections of our support, especially since he has no top flight experience and would almost immediately have to deal with the high expectations that he will inherit from McInnes. I'm not saying he couldn't do a good job, but it would represent a big risk. There is no obviously outstanding candidate if McInnes does move on, though. 

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I don't really understand the Ross hype amongst sections of our support, especially since he has no top flight experience and would almost immediately have to deal with the high expectations that he will inherit from McInnes. I'm not saying he couldn't do a good job, but it would represent a big risk. There is no obviously outstanding candidate if McInnes does move on, though. 

Can only give you the lowdown from a St Mirren perspective Ross has us playing the best football I have seen since Fergie was our manager , however there are dips in form not many but dips. You have to remember we were bottom of the championship when Ross took over you can count in one hand how many games we have lost since January there is no doubt Ross will be a big success in management special ones come up not very often Ross is a special one.

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

Can only give you the lowdown from a St Mirren perspective Ross has us playing the best football I have seen since Fergie was our manager , however there are dips in form not many but dips. You have to remember we were bottom of the championship when Ross took over you can count in one hand how many games we have lost since January there is no doubt Ross will be a big success in management special ones come up not very often Ross is a special one.

Ross has undoubtedly done a very good job at St Mirren, but I reckon our fans would quite quickly be on his back if he didn't hit the ground running here. 

He might, however, prove to be a gamble worth taking in the long run, especially considering the relative dearth of really strong candidates from within the Premiership or with top-flight experience. I suppose I should wait and see what happens with McInnes over the next week before worrying too much about potential successors, though. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Ross has undoubtedly done a very good job at St Mirren, but I reckon our fans would quite quickly be on his back if he didn't hit the ground running here. 

He might, however, prove to be a gamble worth taking in the long run, especially considering the relative dearth of really strong candidates from within the Premiership or with top-flight experience. I suppose I should wait and see what happens with McInnes over the next week before worrying too much about potential successors, though. 

Any change of manager mid-season (or at any time in fact) is a gamble.

But given the shiteness of teams in the Premiership we could probably go the rest of the season without winning a game and still finish 4th at worse. So what's there to lose by appointing a young manager with loads of potential ?

I'd rather we went for Ross than one of the unemployed pensioners, like McLeish and Strachan, looking for a safe gig. 

It would need an element of patience from the support, but the foundations at Pittodrie are strong and Ross could well be a gamble worth taking.