The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nah, Vokes won literally everything, and held McKenna off embarrassingly easily for the goal. 

He's a long way to go yet. 

That's absolute nonsense. Vokes got lucky on one singular occaision where the ball fortuitously (from his perspective) bounced off Hoban's shoulder and landed in the right place for him.

McKenna and Devlin were utterly superb.

Stop being so obviously jealous because your two best defenders is are our cast offs.

Edited by Illgresi

29 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

That's absolute nonsense. Vokes got lucky on one singular occaision where the ball fortuitously (from his perspective) bounced off Hoban's shoulder and landed in the right place for him.

McKenna and Devlin were utterly superb.

Stop being so obviously jealous because your two best defenders is are our cast offs.

It was how I saw the game, you were fairly comfortable until Vokes came on and started winning everything. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It was how I saw the game, you were fairly comfortable until Vokes came on and started winning everything. 

That's fair enough, but ask yourself this question before you criticise McKenna...What's the probability of Vokes scoring had the ball not dropped off Hoban's shoulder? McKenna was easily matching him in that physical battle, and the ball would have dropped behind him otherwise. You can't ask more of McKenna in that situation, and imo you can't lay the blame on Hoban either. It was sheer bad luck that the ball fell nicely for such a top striker.

2 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

That's fair enough, but ask yourself this question before you criticise McKenna...What's the probability of Vokes scoring had the ball not dropped off Hoban's shoulder? McKenna was easily matching him in that physical battle, and the ball would have dropped behind him otherwise. You can't ask more of McKenna in that situation, and imo you can't lay the blame on Hoban either. It was sheer bad luck that the ball fell nicely for such a top striker.

It wasn't bad luck. Vokes held McKenna off, McKenna strained for a header he was never winning, and that allowed Vokes to react to the ball while McKenna was still recovering from his error. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It wasn't bad luck. Vokes held McKenna off, McKenna strained for a header he was never winning, and that allowed Vokes to react to the ball while McKenna was still recovering from his error. 

I feel like we're watching a different goal, and no amount of persuasion will change your mind, so I'll leave it there.

I feel like we're watching a different goal, and no amount of persuasion will change your mind, so I'll leave it there.

McKenna did make an error for the goal. Had he not committed he may have been in a better position to prevent vokes turning and scoring. Saying that I don’t think he got bullied at any stage and overall was absolutely outstanding on the night.

5 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

You're viewing it from the perspective of an Aberdeen fan watching your most promising player. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

McKenna did make an error for the goal. Had he not committed he may have been in a better position to prevent vokes turning and scoring. Saying that I don’t think he got bullied at any stage and overall was absolutely outstanding on the night.

I suppose you could be super-critical and suggest he should have been another 1/2 m across and blocked the goal better. That said, where he was would have been perfectly ok had the ball dropped naturally behind Vokes. It didn't though, and I suppose that's why we're having this discussion.

I suppose you could be super-critical and suggest he should have been another 1/2 m across and blocked the goal better. That said, where he was would have been perfectly ok had the ball dropped naturally behind Vokes. It didn't though, and I suppose that's why we're having this discussion.

There was a fortuitous moment yes but I still think he could have reacted to it. It is of course hyper critical as like I said, he was absolutely outstanding.

7 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I love Pittodrie, absolutely love it, and would be more than delighted to stay there. But I also live in the real world.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're viewing it from the perspective of an Aberdeen fan watching your most promising player. 

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

There was a fortuitous moment yes but I still think he could have reacted to it. It is of course hyper critical as like I said, he was absolutely outstanding.

Personally I feel like I've learned something about viewing things from other perspectives, despite still holding my viewpoint. It's a good place to be on a Saturday afternoon.

would agree with RandomGuy here. McKenna played a blinder all game from what ive seen and you will undoubtedly feth a large fee for him, likely next summer, but he was definitely at fault for the goal

4 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Sorry to interrupt but that's almost as much bollocks as what you're complaining about.  Our 2 best defenders are home grown, as you will see over the next few years.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Sorry to interrupt but that's almost as much bollocks as what you're complaining about.  Our 2 best defenders are home grown, as you will see over the next few years.

If that's the case, then nae doubt we'll struggle to beat the 10-1 aggregate we managed against you last season...

Just now, Illgresi said:

If that's the case, then nae doubt we'll struggle to beat the 10-1 aggregate we managed against you last season...

As long as Tommy sticks to Kerr and Gordon in central defence then I believe you will. If he succumbs and plays Shaughnessy and Anderson you may even double it.

11 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

We're a different beast this season. You might even enjoy games against us :lol:

19 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nah, Vokes won literally everything, and held McKenna off embarrassingly easily for the goal. 

He's a long way to go yet. 

I love your thinking. Could you please pass your opinions to any clubs further south who may be looking for a centre half.