The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 hours ago, MJC said:

We weren't involved. However in our absence I took great pleasure in seeing one of my most dislikes clubs getting pumped out.

That’s really excellent to hear. It means that you see Aberdeen FC as a huge club. People only really hate huge clubs.

Guest Bob Mahelp

There are a few things to come out of the last week. The're obvious, but it makes me feel better to type them anyway ;

Firstly and most urgently, we'll struggle big time without a proper striker. Cosgrove has his talents, and he'll do well this season, but without a goalscorer we won't be able to lay a glove on Celtic, and probably Rangers. It desperately needs fixed, today if possible.

Secondly, we already look a much stronger and rounded team than we did at a similar point in previous years. The defence needed work, and Devlin and Hoban both look like the type of quick, tough defenders that will improve the team considerably. Good work there from Deek.

In midfield GMS already looks like he's improved his consistency, and I think he'll be a big player for us this season. I'm not sure McGinn has the legs anymore, but he had a decent game against Burnley. Graham Shinnie now has the freedom to do what he does best...be magnificent in midfield, the engine that drives the team forward. Every minute of the last 2 games, he's proved what a f*cking blinkered clown Strachan is. I now look forward to Shinnie being a mainstay of the international team for years to come. What a player.

Lastly, Lewis Ferguson. Like most, I thought Lewis was going to be a youth team player this season with occassional 1st team appearances off the bench. Wow.....how wrong could I be ? Already, he looks like he's cemented a place in the side, and his physique and temperament remind me uncannily of Simmie and  Cooper when they broke into the Dons team all these years ago.

Pay Hamilton half a million for him, because this guy is a multi million pound footballer in the making. Another brilliant piece of business from McInnes.

All in all, it's been emotional (the last week). The good thing is, having had to re-build over the last 2 months, we already look like we have a team that have been playing together for years.....I'm looking forward to this season more than I was a month ago.

Just get a f*cking goalscorer in.

Edited by Bob Mahelp

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It's the difference  between second and fourth this season, he needs to.

Oh I appreciate the need but the mannie Milne will be looking at an early exit from Europe and the shortfall in the finances for the training complex never mind the Concrete Box In The Middle Of Nowhere and doing his sums. Hasn't McInnes already been lamenting the lack of available funds? I hope I'm wrong because you're right and fourth might not be a given.

5 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Aberdeen desperately need a decent striker, Stevie May is finished. You could've won that last night if you had one decent striker. Get the cheque book out Milne.

There was one ball across the face of the goal last night that the Stevie May of 2014 would have buried and Aberdeen would have been through. But in 2018 he just got his feet tangled up. Sad to see - it isn't as if he can't be bothered - and you just hope that it's a confidence thing.

Just now, Mr Heliums said:

There was one ball across the face of the goal last night that the Stevie May of 2014 would have buried and Aberdeen would have been through. But in 2018 he just got his feet tangled up. Sad to see - it isn't as if he can't be bothered - and you just hope that it's a confidence thing.

He's fucked. Lost whatever he had, that's not confidence, that's what an injury as serious as he had does. He was worth a gamble, that's not Deeks fault. Paying him so handsomely and paying such a fee is. I wouldn't want him back at Saints, think that tells it's own story.