The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

18 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I think the leadership thing is a red herring, in all honesty. Bryson started yesterday, hugely experienced professional and probably signed as Shinnie's replacement, but we looked lost and rudderless even with him on the park.

You'd like to think Bryson will be our 'on park leader', but right now his priority is game time and getting his own fitness right, before he can dedicate too much time to inspiring those around him.

Hopefully in a few weeks we see the player we hoped we'd see, but it's sad that the Europa QR3 went with a whimper, when a guy like him could have been the difference in terms of making us less lacklustre and more streetwise.

To be fair to the f**ktard - these reports eminate out of Italy.

I never thought reports of The Rat going to Serie A were overly ludicrous at the time - he showed in the Groningen and Sociedad games that he was suited to the continental style of football.  

Big Sam, however, well I never......

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

I never thought reports of The Rat going to Serie A were overly ludicrous at the time - he showed in the Groningen and Sociedad games that he was suited to the continental style of football.  

Perhaps. But not in the same fucking team as De Rossi and Nainggolan.

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

All teams are looking for goalscorers, and since December Sam Cosgrove has been phenomenal.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Zander Diamond to Atletico Madrid must push it close.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/3665238.stm

After Monaco hit the heights of the Champions League final, they immediately turned their attention to....Lee Wilkie

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11816/2324048/monaco-target-wilkie

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's the most ridiculous transfer rumour involving an Aberdeen player?

Daily Record "reporting" that Lazio want Sam Cosgrove.

No idea about that, but my favourite most ridiculous post on P&B was you coming on here and saying McInnes has an awful record in signing strikers. 

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Zander Diamond to Atletico Madrid must push it close.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/3665238.stm

Christ had forgotten all about that.

"Personally, it has been great to see guys like Jaap Stam and Sami Hyypia move on to better things and I've no doubt it will happen for Zander too."

Fantastic quote above from JC.

A mere seven years later he did of course leave Aberdeen for the lofty heights of Oldham. At least we removed a cancer from our club when he left

27 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Seems a trash weegia non-story.............they carry big squads down there for a long season full of midweekers.  Took McLean a wee while to feel a part of things at Norwich.

Cocu uses U23 fixtures to keep players ticking over and get a look at them...........big deal.    

3 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Christ had forgotten all about that.

"Personally, it has been great to see guys like Jaap Stam and Sami Hyypia move on to better things and I've no doubt it will happen for Zander too."

Fantastic quote above from JC.

A mere seven years later he did of course leave Aberdeen for the lofty heights of Oldham. At least we removed a cancer from our club when he left

Such a fucking typical Jimmy quip