The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Captain_Imra7 said:

So you reckon that this person on AbMad is deliberately spreading nonsense rumours at the behest of the club, primarily to quiet discontent amongst the fan base regarding the bid being accepted for Cosgrove, do I have that right?

If I do, then I would suggest that the only reason the club would do that (i.e lie to keep fans happy right now) would be to try and mitigate against damage to season ticket sales. Ergo you are saying that the club is surreptitiously lying to some parts of the fanbase via an internet forum to try and encourage them to buy season tickets (or other merchandise). That is more or less defrauding the fan base out if money, which is nothing like the same as spreading nonsense in the press to get inside opposition player's / manager's heads as per your Paisley and Strachan example.

I accept that this is possible, anything is possible, but I think it is far more likely that transfer rumours on fan forums are spread by people who have put 2 + 2 together to get 5 and want to get a conversation going online rather than the club trying to distract from a bid being accepted. Not sure about AbMad as I gave up on that site a few years ago, but most on here seemed accepting enough of the value we agreed with Guingamp so I'm not sure what fire the club would even want to try and fight by spreading false rumours online.

As I say, believe what you want and go about your day, it does zero harm to me. It's clear neither I nor anyone else is going to change your mind on this one.

I don't reckon anything. Either the club knows about the poster or it doesn't. If they don't know who he/she is then he's been spreading accurate information for at leat ten years. I first remember he/she revealing Lee Hendrie was in talks with Aberdeen during the McGoo era, which was true. Nobody was mentioning Hendrie as a possible Aberdeen player at the time. That info could only have come from inside Pittodrie. That's not the only time. Go on AbMad and they will tell you about this Nostradamus. Ten years ago and he/she is still at it.

This is not someone rattling off rumour after rumour (like Vancouver_Don although there's something odd about his posts too) and getting a hit once in awhile. This poster only comments occasionally and with remarkable accuracy most times although not always. Enough though for AbMad to view he/she as a respected poster. Therefore, either the club have been unable or unaware to source the leak for the last ten years or they've been instigating the leaks.

Ok so the fans are happy with the club accepting what seems to be one of the first offers but we now know for sure they club are punting Cosgrove at some point in the next few weeks. Negative news. The club is in talks at a "critical stage" with an "international striker". Might be true, it might not be. But somebody is wanting this story to spread and that's exactly what's happened.

If the club are looking at an international striker like Jordan Rhodes then I can't see any benefit in leaking it. However, under these circumstances, the club have allowed information regarding SOME transfer targets to leak out of the club for ten years. I don't believe this though.

19 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

And the rest of the tweet says

Exactly, thanks for that Mr Hull, I forgot to include the whole tweet. "Be there when Pittodrie roars again" . Not watch on RedTV as Pittodrie roars again. It's clearly stating 7,500 in at Pittodrie. Therefore, nothing about guaranteeing access to RedTV. We can be in no doubt that "guarantee access to partial crowd games" means attendance in Pittodrie.

I can't believe though that I need to clarify that.

"Increasingly hopeful"? on July 1st? It's July 17th and we still have 2 metre distancing. What was giving them hope?

Edited by Bogbrush1903

10 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I think one must be incredibly dim to purchase a season ticket given the circumstances. There are more worthwhile charities to give money to than AFC...

So you think that you have the right to have go at all the supporters in Scotland who have bought a season ticket to help out their club because they should be giving that money to some charity to build a new hospital or such like?

8 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Well in their marketing emails I'm sent (see below), I'm told that being one of the first 7,500 season ticket holders "guarantees" access to partial crowd games.

Is it a fait accompli then that 7,500 Aberdeen fans will be allowed in Pittodrie under a partial reopening? I haven't seen that mentioned by the Scottish Government yet. As far as I'm aware, Scotland still maintains a two metre social distance policy. I thought 7,500 was projected under a one metre social distance.

I don't think they should be guaranteeing anything that is out with their power. I think it's misleading and taking advantage of supporters who think 7,500 is definite under partial re-opening. I think they're twisting people's arms by promising access to see their team if they purchase a season ticket quickly...

Capture.PNG

Are you mates with 8gamestogo by any chance?

Lads 

Its Friday night min 

Supporting the Dons is about lashing it up, reminding p***ks we were the best team on the planet in the early 80’s, singing Stand Free over and fucking over and having a go at *** c***s at every opportunity 

Don’t overthink it 

8 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I think he's got (a bit of) a point.

The advert does say... 'get your season ticket to guarantee access to partial crowd games'.  If they can't 'guarantee' access for whatever reason....within or without their control, they shouldn't use the word.

If I bought a season ticket based on the club's promise, and then they turn around and say 'sorry, only 4k are allowed in', I would be feckin furious as well. 

How do we know that the club haven’t been told that when crowds are allowed back in there will be a crowd ceiling of 7,500? The government may have said already that crowds will only be allowed in once the two metre distance is reduced to one metre, which presumably someone with much more expertise than me, has worked out will be at least 7,500.

Edited by kingjoey

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So you think that you have the right to have go at all the supporters in Scotland who have bought a season ticket to help out their club because they should be giving that money to some charity to build a new hospital or such like?

I'm having a go at the clubs for abusing the loyalty of the supporters. 

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

How do we know that the club haven’t been told that when crowds are allowed back in there will be a crowd ceiling of 7,500? The government may have said already that crowds will only be allowed in once the two meter distance is reduced to one meter, which presumably someone with much more expertise than me, has worked out will be at least 7,500.

And how do the Government know? 

7 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm having a go at the clubs for abusing the loyalty of the supporters. 

Not in the post that I was replying to, you were having a go at the fans that are buying the season tickets.

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I don't understand the question. No club official has officially said we're signing an International striker. 

Your post made no sense unless you were implying that the club have intimated that an international striker is incoming.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not in the post that I was replying to, you were having a go at the fans that are buying the season tickets.

It was tongue in cheek because Iminavest said that people would have to be incredibly dim to not know that the Covid situation changes from month to month. Therefore, I said they would need to be incredibly dim to buy a season ticket in that circumstances. 

But the whole point of my posts has been that the club aren't being entirely honest to the support about the purchase of season tickets. 

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Know what?

How do the Government know when they will reduce social distancing to a one metre? Iminavest has already told us that we would be need to be incredibly dim not to know that the situation changes month to month. So how can the Government predict when they will reduce socal distancing to one metre and allow 7,500 (possibly) into Pittodrie? 

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It was tongue in cheek because Iminavest said that people would have to be incredibly dim to not know that the Covid situation changes from month to month. Therefore, I said they would need to be incredibly dim to buy a season ticket in that circumstances. 

But the whole point of my posts has been that the club aren't being entirely honest to the support about the purchase of season tickets. 

No doubt you would be able to dig deep enough to find perceived corruption in almost anything. You’ve certainly been doing a fair bit of digging recently.