The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Well they've told people  who have purchased season tickets it's "first come first served" but what does that mean? Season tickets are purchased for certain areas of the ground. Some areas will be sold in greater frequency than others. They are selling seats next to each other. If more people buy a ticket for Section A rather than Section B does that mean Section B seats are guaranteed entry but Section A are not? Some areas of the ground cost more than others or have different rates depending on age. Are they going to guarantee tickets for those in more expensive seats.

I keep being told that Aberdeen are being very open but I don't think they've full explained how this is going to work but have nevertherless continued to punt season tickets

These questions aren't issues at the moment will there's goodwill and righteousness about saving the club. They only become an issue when some season ticket holders get into matches whilst others don't.

I have no idea what you mean that I'm "not arguing in good faith". I'm expressing my point of view, that's all..

You genuinely can't be this dense?

1 minute ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Oh aye, I'm not blindly backing the club so I'm not an Aberdeen supporter

It seems that you're being fairly critical of the club in an area where it's possible to contact the SLO & get the detailed breakdown of how this might work in practice.  If you make this call & are still not happy, then by all means complain about this.  It just seems like a fairly niche area of complaint, which leads me to draw that conclusion.  If you are an Aberdeen fan, then please accept my apologies. 

6 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

It seems that you're being fairly critical of the club in an area where it's possible to contact the SLO & get the detailed breakdown of how this might work in practice.  If you make this call & are still not happy, then by all means complain about this.  It just seems like a fairly niche area of complaint, which leads me to draw that conclusion.  If you are an Aberdeen fan, then please accept my apologies. 

1st Game v St Mirren March 3rd 1984 (missed the glory years)

I've attended over 700 games at Pittodrie and watched the Dons over 100 times away including Ukraine, Czech Republic, Spain, Germany, Latvia, Croatia and England.

I'm not a diehard but I love the club nevertheless.

17 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

I think the first 7500 will be pretty pleased just to be in the ground at all, and their choice of seat is very much a secondary concern. 

That's if it a limited capacity is 7,500...to be honest if I'd paid the guts of £400 for a season ticket then I would expect entry to be a given and view of the match very much a primary concern...but then that's just me, I'm not one of the club's saviours like those first 7,500. Actually, to cast a sceptical eye on the club who are beyond reproach, I'm probably not a Dandy at all

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Griffiths would be a brilliant signing for any team in Scotland or England this summer. No debate required.

Celtic would be stupid to let him go unless they categorically know Edouard is staying this summer. It's a long time until the transfer window closes. 

44 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

That's if it a limited capacity is 7,500...to be honest if I'd paid the guts of £400 for a season ticket then I would expect entry to be a given and view of the match very much a primary concern...but then that's just me, I'm not one of the club's saviours like those first 7,500. Actually, to cast a sceptical eye on the club who are beyond reproach, I'm probably not a Dandy at all

I think that anyone who is buying a season ticket at this point in time who can't appreciate that certain things cannot be guaranteed and that the situation may change month to month must be incredibly dim.

7 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

I think that anyone who is buying a season ticket at this point in time who can't appreciate that certain things cannot be guaranteed and that the situation may change month to month must be incredibly dim.

I think one must be incredibly dim to purchase a season ticket given the circumstances. There are more worthwhile charities to give money to than AFC...

36 minutes ago, d31 said:

Griffiths would be a brilliant signing for any team in Scotland or England this summer. No debate required.

Celtic would be stupid to let him go unless they categorically know Edouard is staying this summer. It's a long time until the transfer window closes. 

There is only 2 teams Griffiths could go in Scotland his beloved Hibs and the dandies anybody posting he would disrupt the dressing room hasn't got a clue about football.
Lennon has gave Griffiths a choice get your act together or ship out, lets hope he gets the reaction we want not just for Celtic but for the national team tae.

4 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I think one must be incredibly dim to purchase a season ticket given the circumstances. There are more worthwhile charities to give money to than AFC...

It's not a case of charity. As has been said, if people want to put money into their hobby then that is their choice. 

Many will have budgeted for it anyway and may not mind paying extra £/game for one year, under exceptional circumstances. 

Others may choose to wait or spend elsewhere. 

Nobody is being taken advantage of or having their arm twisted.

Guest Bob Mahelp
30 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is only 2 teams Griffiths could go in Scotland his beloved Hibs and the dandies anybody posting he would disrupt the dressing room hasn't got a clue about football.
Lennon has gave Griffiths a choice get your act together or ship out, lets hope he gets the reaction we want not just for Celtic but for the national team tae.

Griffiths is 30 this year. How long do you give him to 'get his act together' ?

I would truly hate to have him in an Aberdeen team. A guy who doesn't try a leg against Hibs and apologises to his mates when he accidentally sclaffs one in.  He failed in England, isn't trusted by his manager(s) at Celtic for European games, but enjoys the comfort blanket of shootie in against Hamilton and St Mirren.

He's thick as shit, has a rotten attitude and frankly has under performed given what ability he does have. He's simply a slightly better Derek Riordan. 

Let him slink off to finish his career at Easter Road bevvying it up with his pals. it's a no thanks from me when it comes to him playing for a decent team. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

1 hour ago, Iminavest said:

Nobody is being taken advantage of or having their arm twisted.

Well in their marketing emails I'm sent (see below), I'm told that being one of the first 7,500 season ticket holders "guarantees" access to partial crowd games.

Is it a fait accompli then that 7,500 Aberdeen fans will be allowed in Pittodrie under a partial reopening? I haven't seen that mentioned by the Scottish Government yet. As far as I'm aware, Scotland still maintains a two metre social distance policy. I thought 7,500 was projected under a one metre social distance.

I don't think they should be guaranteeing anything that is out with their power. I think it's misleading and taking advantage of supporters who think 7,500 is definite under partial re-opening. I think they're twisting people's arms by promising access to see their team if they purchase a season ticket quickly...

Capture.PNG

Edited by Bogbrush1903

27 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Well in their marketing emails I'm sent (see below), I'm told that being one of the first 7,500 season ticket holders "guarantees" access to partial crowd games.

Is it a fait accompli then that 7,500 Aberdeen fans will be allowed in Pittodrie under a partial reopening? I haven't seen that mentioned by the Scottish Government yet. As far as I'm aware, Scotland still maintains a two metre social distance policy. I thought 7,500 was projected under a one metre social distance.

I don't think they should be guaranteeing anything that is out with their power. I think it's misleading and taking advantage of supporters who think 7,500 is definite under partial re-opening. I think they're twisting people's arms by promising access to see their team if they purchase a season ticket quickly...

Capture.PNG

I don't think they need to explain that if partial re-opening allows for less than 7,500 to attend then obviously all of the first 7500 who've signed up can't attend. It's such a blatantly obvious thing.

This complaint is incredibly petty, feels like looking for an excuse to complain.

4 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

If your club's stadium has a capacity of 10,000 seats and it's sold out to that capacity;  however it's currently under construction to increase the capacity to 11,000 but it won't be ready until a later point in the season at an unspecified date. Do you not think it's slightly dishonest to sell tickets above the 10,000 capacity from the start of the season?

Who's doing that? 

We're building a new stadium.