The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Golden Gordon said:

Paw Broon's tenure was the transition period between McGhee & McInnes, playing for the draw & all that.  Not surprised you've erased that from memory, to be fair!

I've almost forgotten the JC days. Go 1-0 up very early to Hamilton then go to a defensive 4-5-1 

Club now saying:

‘When partial crowds return access will be on a ‘first come, first served’ basis’

2-3 weeks ago they said first 7500 season ticket holders would be guaranteed access.

They now have those 7500 but appear to have changed their policy unless I’m mistaken

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So not a definite blind spot but a blurred view over the last 8-9 years.

Nope, the last Aberdeen manager to have blurred vision was Steve Paterson, but thankfully he's turned his life round since then & is doing useful work in the community. 

6 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Club now saying:

‘When partial crowds return access will be on a ‘first come, first served’ basis’

2-3 weeks ago they said first 7500 season ticket holders would be guaranteed access.

They now have those 7500 but appear to have changed their policy unless I’m mistaken

I think you're mistaken. I don't think we've hit 7500 yet. Once we do then those fans will get priority.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/07/15/20-21-season-tickets-now-on-general-sale/

Edited by Merkland Red

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You're not suggesting that Wee Willy is talking shite, are you?

4 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

Not at all, just testing his theories to the available evidence.

Translation - "Yes".

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

Club now saying:

I read that to be if the crowd allowed into Pittodrie is less than 7,500, then season tickets holders will get in on a first come, first served basis, not the general public.

Nothing has changed with entry priority - it's just a bit poorly worded on that article.

They expect to be allowed 7500 fans in at first, and the first 7500 season tickets sold will be those allowed in. If they are allowed more in then it's "first come first served" from now. i.e 7501 - 8000 would get in if we're allowed 8000 in. 

If it turns out we are only allowed something less than 7500 in then it will be based on Priority Points from the first 7500 ST holders. (I read this on twitter in a reply from either the club or the SLO but looking back for it now I can't see it). 

1 hour ago, Fillin said:

Nothing has changed with entry priority - it's just a bit poorly worded on that article.

They expect to be allowed 7500 fans in at first, and the first 7500 season tickets sold will be those allowed in. If they are allowed more in then it's "first come first served" from now. i.e 7501 - 8000 would get in if we're allowed 8000 in. 

If it turns out we are only allowed something less than 7500 in then it will be based on Priority Points from the first 7500 ST holders. (I read this on twitter in a reply from either the club or the SLO but looking back for it now I can't see it). 

Cheers for the clarification.

4 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Or a deliberate attempt to cloud the issue so more people purchase season tickets.

They're getting very close to swindling their own diehard home fans.

Swindling how? They've been very open and honest since lockdown began.

1 minute ago, Fillin said:

I think the 7500 number when we were at 6800 sold was a bit suspect. 7500 seems optimistic with distancing but convenient for a little marketing campaign to boost sales 

I genuinely don't think they pulled a  number out of the sky. Didn't Celtic and St Johnstone do similar?

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Swindling how? They've been very open and honest since lockdown began.

I don't think they're being open and honest about how they are continuing to sell season tickets above this 7,500 figure that they suggest will be the limited capacity. 

If they were open and honest they would've said that they don't when fans will be allowed back in and what the capacity will be once they are allowed back in. 

If they were being open and honest then users wouldn't be thanking Fillin for clarifying their plans with entrance for season ticket holders. 

The marketing campaign to sell season tickets has been at best misleading. 

I suspect the 'International striker' is part of that marketing campaign. 

9 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I don't think they're being open and honest about how they are continuing to sell season tickets above this 7,500 figure that they suggest will be the limited capacity. 

If they were open and honest they would've said that they don't when fans will be allowed back in and what the capacity will be once they are allowed back in. 

If they were being open and honest then users wouldn't be thanking Fillin for clarifying their plans with entrance for season ticket holders. 

The marketing campaign to sell season tickets has been at best misleading. 

I suspect the 'International striker' is part of that marketing campaign. 

Dave Cormack has also said he wouldn't be surprised if we don't have fans in before years end.

Why wouldn't the continue to sell season tickets? It's at least a fortnight now that they have said they have estimated the initial allocation they can provide is 7500. The first 7500 will get this allocation. If someone buys a ticket tomorrow and are number 7501 they can hardly say they've had no time.

They also extended the early bird prices (from memory) several times. I don't know what else you want them to do? 

No idea what you are on about regarding the international striker. Those were the words of a fantasist on an internet forum. Unless the club have released themselves and I've missed it then how on earth would that be part of a marketing campaign?