The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Dave Cormack has also said he wouldn't be surprised if we don't have fans in before years end.

Why wouldn't the continue to sell season tickets? It's at least a fortnight now that they have said they have estimated the initial allocation they can provide is 7500. The first 7500 will get this allocation. If someone buys a ticket tomorrow and are number 7501 they can hardly say they've had no time.

They also extended the early bird prices (from memory) several times. I don't know what else you want them to do? 

No idea what you are on about regarding the international striker. Those were the words of a fantasist on an internet forum. Unless the club have released themselves and I've missed it then how on earth would that be part of a marketing campaign?

Correct. The most transparent AFC have  ever been this year.

8 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I don't think they're being open and honest about how they are continuing to sell season tickets above this 7,500 figure that they suggest will be the limited capacity. 

If they were open and honest they would've said that they don't when fans will be allowed back in and what the capacity will be once they are allowed back in. 

If they were being open and honest then users wouldn't be thanking Fillin for clarifying their plans with entrance for season ticket holders. 

The marketing campaign to sell season tickets has been at best misleading. 

I suspect the 'International striker' is part of that marketing campaign. 

The club have literally been saying they are desperate for income from fans, they've made no secret of it.

Even if they have made a rough estimate on the 7,500 and used it as a wee marketing technique it is hardly a crime. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Even if they have made a rough estimate on the 7,500 and used it as a wee marketing technique it is hardly a crime. 

Perhaps, but we'll see what the reaction will be from the supporters that bought season tickets if they can't see the team either because the limited capacity is less that 7,500 or because they've continued to punt tickets despite reaching capacity levels.

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Perhaps, but we'll see what the reaction will be from the supporters that bought season tickets if they can't see the team either because the limited capacity is less that 7,500 or because they've continued to punt tickets despite reaching capacity levels.

So you think we should stop selling ST's?

17 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I would imagine most people who have bought a season ticket have done so knowing they won't be inside a stadium anytime soon. Wanting to do their bit so they actually have a team to support when fans are allowed in. 

How is selling tickets after 7500 and telling people they won't get in until the capacity is allowed to be more than 7500 any different to starting to sell tickets and telling people they won't get in until fans are allowed?

In both cases, people are buying tickets in the knowledge that they won't be able to use them immediately but hopefully will later.

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

How is selling tickets after 7500 and telling people they won't get in until the capacity is allowed to be more than 7500 any different to starting to sell tickets and telling people they won't get in until fans are allowed?

In both cases, people are buying tickets in the knowledge that they won't be able to use them immediately but hopefully will later.

100% Correct.

49 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's because we're Aberdeen fans and we like a moan.

12 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Serious question, but from pie in the sky territory.  What are folk's views on Griffiths, as we all know how McInnes loves a project? 

I'll give you a serious answer GG.

A fully fit and focused Griffiths would be a huge asset in our weaponry, but if he was those things then we wouldn't be getting a sniff at him.

I'd be concerned that he could prove to be a disruptive influence in the dressing room so put all these things together and it's a No from me mate

2 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

I'll give you a serious answer GG.

A fully fit and focused Griffiths would be a huge asset in our weaponry, but if he was those things then we wouldn't be getting a sniff at him.

I'd be concerned that he could prove to be a disruptive influence in the dressing room so put all these things together and it's a No from me mate

Cheers Sheep, similar thoughts to mine.  If he can't find a way to get it together at his beloved Celtic, can't imagine he'd find the motivation to do the same for us.

31 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Serious question, but from pie in the sky territory.  What are folk's views on Griffiths, as we all know how McInnes loves a project? 

Are you suggesting we should sign Griffiths? But some of the posters on here think we're very close to not having a club to support but you would like to spend what limited financial resources we have on Griffiths? Indeed, why have we signed Hayes?

Whether wages are deferred or not, should our club, supposedly on it's knees, not be adapting to the financial environment we're in?...But no, getting the begging bowl out, tug on a few heartstrings and get the fans buying tickets for matches they won't see. Then try to entice more fans to buy tickets over the suggested capacity but leaking out stories about being on the brink of signing an 'international striker'

1 minute ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Are you suggesting we should sign Griffiths? But some of the posters on here think we're very close to not having a club to support but you would like to spend what limited financial resources we have on Griffiths? Indeed, why have we signed Hayes?

Whether wages are deferred or not, should our club, supposedly on it's knees, not be adapting to the financial environment we're in?...But no, getting the begging bowl out, tug on a few heartstrings and get the fans buying tickets for matches they won't see. Then try to entice more fans to buy tickets over the suggested capacity but leaking out stories about being on the brink of signing an 'international striker'

Go on then. What should they be doing to adapt to the financial environment? You're against selling season tickets so what other source of income should we consider?

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If your club's stadium has a capacity of 10,000 seats and it's sold out to that capacity;  however it's currently under construction to increase the capacity to 11,000 but it won't be ready until a later point in the season at an unspecified date. Do you not think it's slightly dishonest to sell tickets above the 10,000 capacity from the start of the season?

1 minute ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

If your club's stadium has a capacity of 10,000 seats and it's sold out to that capacity;  however it's currently under construction to increase the capacity to 11,000 but it won't be ready until a later point in the season at an unspecified date. Do you not think it's slightly dishonest to sell tickets above the 10,000 capacity from the start of the season?

Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Go on then. What should they be doing to adapt to the financial environment? You're against selling season tickets so what other source of income should we consider?

They shouldn't be signing high wage earners like a 33 year old Jonny Hayes if they're pleading poverty.

Remember Aberdeen fans are also going to be affected by Covid and the drop in price of Brent Crude.  Yes, it's people's own choice how they manage their financial affairs  but as we've seen in this thread, fans don't apply logic to the support they give their team.

2 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

You seem to be rolling quite a few issues together that I did not mention.  I'd made clear that this was pie in the sky stuff & that I did not think we should be signing Griffiths, as I did not trust his motivation.  What other posters views are, are their own business & not something I can comment on.  What people spend their money on is also their own choice, if you feel the club is exploiting their loyalties, then start a petition to make people aware of this.  Can you direct me to these leaks about an international striker at all?