The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

This £500k is just Shree Hughes opening his cake hole and letting his belly rumble. 
Even if it was £50k, every penny is a prisoner (to us) so the player won’t be coming here in Jan, if at all.

Exorct to see a Josh Parker, Wes Burns, Jeffrey Monikana type player arrive on Monday.

Who was the guy that couldn't hit a coo's arse with a banjo, then went to someplace like Mansfield and scored 30 goals in 10 games or so ?

Maynard. Nicky Maynard.

Undoubtedly we're going to throw a few darts and try and pick up a guy on loan that has scored 2 goals in 140 matches or so.

3 minutes ago, scottorae said:

Stewart will sign today imho

Wish I had your confidence. Always expect the worst. Fully expecting some rando to come in on loan at the last minute, potentially after the english window has shut if that’s still a thing this window?

Who was the guy that couldn't hit a coo's arse with a banjo, then went to someplace like Mansfield and scored 30 goals in 10 games or so ?
Maynard. Nicky Maynard.
Undoubtedly we're going to throw a few darts and try and pick up a guy on loan that has scored 2 goals in 140 matches or so.

Maynard was never given a chance.

Not sure how many of his 18apps he actually started.

Derek has basically confirmed he'll be off.

I'm sure I saw on the County thread that their first choice left back went to Coventry for peanuts. Will be interesting to see what they see as an acceptable offer for Stewart and if he'd prefer us than to try his hand down the road.

8 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I don't see why County would let Stewart go now. They've already let go of another talented player. Surely it would be wise to keep him until the summer. Could make the difference in terms of staying up.

Could make the difference in them staying up or they could have a sulky b*****d bringing the place down.

Edit: they not also trying to get a forward in from Motherwell?

Edited by Merkland Red

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Could make the difference in them staying up or they could have a sulky b*****d bringing the place down.

Edit: they not also trying to get a forward in from Motherwell?

Yeah he was confirmed yesterday.

Is Main fit for Saturday? Pretty sure he was replaced by Ngwenya minutes prior to kick off on Wednesday. 
No Cosgrove or Main will be interesting. 
Yeh McInnes confirmed Main is out. So if Twitter is correct Anderson is the only senior striker at the club for Saturday.
Although he did also say Cosgrove was still in Aberdeen training so maybe a chance he stays for the game Saturday.

2 minutes ago, TheDon99 said:

Yeh McInnes confirmed Main is out. So if Twitter is correct Anderson is the only senior striker at the club for Saturday.
Although he did also say Cosgrove was still in Aberdeen training so maybe a chance he stays for the game Saturday.

If the Birmingham deal is a goer I cannot see Cormack letting him risk a £2m fee on one league game.

1 minute ago, TheDon99 said:

Sky Sports twitter has him on the way down to Birmingham for a medical today. Whether that's a reliable source or not is questionable.

Should probably start with Anderson, but I also wouldn't be shocked if the tombola starts Hayes or Hedges as striker

7 minutes ago, Wool_Tang_Clan said:

Sky Sports twitter has him on the way down to Birmingham for a medical today. Whether that's a reliable source or not is questionable.

Should probably start with Anderson, but I also wouldn't be shocked if the tombola starts Hayes or Hedges as striker

I wouldn't be against a front three of Kennedy, Wright and Hedges interchanging.

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

We have a proven 20 goal a season striker on the bench. He's not quick enough for the wing anymore. It just makes sense. 

I think he's just done. Would love to be wrong.

43 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Maynard was never given a chance.

Not sure how many of his 18apps he actually started.

Respectfully disagree with this.  I saw a lot of those 18 games, and he was absolutely awful.  Disinterested and didn't understand where to move as a striker.  Did you see the open goal he missed at the Beach End?  Iwelumo-esque.