The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, resk said:

Respectfully disagree with this.  I saw a lot of those 18 games, and he was absolutely awful.  Disinterested and didn't understand where to move as a striker.  Did you see the open goal he missed at the Beach End?  Iwelumo-esque.  

He was a cracking player a few years before we had him. I thought he would be brilliant. Was clearly a yard off it with no confidence at all when we got him.

It probably cost us in the Europa playing him tbh.

Love the difference in reading posts on here compared to "afc chat"  which is full of bitter people.

The attention seeking comments on there in regards to Cosgrove like "awful striker, always has been" etc just show the dour mentality on that site.

Why talk down/devalue a player of ours just to look like a plastic hard man online. Totally dismissing the contribution he made with 20+ goals the past 2 seasons.

Same bunch of people who said McKenna was useless - Nottingham forum suggests otherwise with them saying he's easily a premiership class player.

Edited by red23

8 minutes ago, red23 said:

Love the difference in reading posts on here compared to "afc chat" 

The attention seeking comments in regards to Cosgrove like "awful striker, always has been" etc just show the dour mentality on that site.

Why talk down/devalue a player of ours just to look like a plastic hard man online. Totally dismissing the contribution he made with 20+ goals the past 2 seasons.

Same bunch of people who said McKenna was useless - Nottingham forum suggests otherwise with them saying he's easily a premiership class player.

McKenna was a huge loss. Solid centre half who was coming right back on form. 
Cosgrove has barely contributed his season so should be much easier to replace. He was even dropped for Main a few times, and Main is a weight lifter with a fitba strip painted on him.

Just now, DrewDon said:

Don't really understand the clamour for Ross Stewart, tbh. He's looked alright when I've watched him but he hasn't scored a goal from open play all season. Hopefully be proved wrong if he does sign. 

Agree 

No guarantee Stewart will improve the team.

11 minutes ago, red23 said:

Love the difference in reading posts on here compared to "afc chat" 

The attention seeking comments in regards to Cosgrove like "awful striker, always has been" etc just show the dour mentality on that site.

I never said McKenna was useless.

I do say Cosgrove is useless. Since the Dubai trip, in the calendar years 2020 and 2021 he's scored one goal from open play.

He needs to go

8 minutes ago, d31 said:

I do say Cosgrove is useless. Since the Dubai trip, in the calendar years 2020 and 2021 he's scored one goal from open play.

He needs to go

sorry i should have been clearer that it's afc chat that's full of them.

I do agree he needs sold, of course, but not devaluing his contribution in past years at the same time as i see on that site for hardman points.

Edited by red23

8 minutes ago, d31 said:

He needs to go

Thats a mental stat considering the money being offered. Or mental money I should say when you consider that.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Thats a mental stat considering the money being offered. Or mental money I should say when you consider that.

Crazy.

I'd have accepted any offer so i have to praise mcinnes/cormack for holding their nerve.

Elsewhere you'll see 2 goals quoted for that period as they are considering his killie free kick as open play

35 minutes ago, red23 said:

Love the difference in reading posts on here compared to "afc chat"  which is full of bitter people.

The attention seeking comments on there in regards to Cosgrove like "awful striker, always has been" etc just show the dour mentality on that site.

If you asked the question of AFC chat and twitter I'd imagine most would like the Cosgrove cash to be used on McInnes' compo.

20 minutes ago, d31 said:

He needs to go

Undoubtedly not great compared to his previous run of form.

But with Covid and his injuries Cosgrove has played in 16 games in 2020/21 and has only started 9 of those. He's scored 3 from those 9. 1 Penalty / 1 Free kick and the great finish against Hibs.

I agree with the previous poster who says the Aberdeen fans wanting to slag off Cosgrove's contribution to Aberdeen over 2 seasons are a bit pathetic, same when stats are used out of context to make him look worse.

It's a good deal all round at this time as I do think Cosgrove's head hasn't been in it recently but he was a great signing both for his scoring record and the massive profit we make on him.

49 minutes ago, red23 said:

It's like going to Pittodrie on match day.

I sit in the main stand and all you hear is "Get that Cosgrove off he's murder" or "do you not know what a footballer is McInnes" etc etc.

Our fans are really bad for supporting the team at home. 

I'm amazed Birmingham are paying £2 million for Cosgrove as he isn't worth that in my opinion but those on afc chat thinking he's total garbage are wrong. He isn't the best striker we have had but he's been miles more effective than most of the strikers McInnes has brought in.