The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

How are you getting 6?

I count :

Ferguson 

McCrorie 

Campbell

Mcgeough (counts as 50% due to being made of glass and balsa wood) 

Brown 

With Brown being an auld c**t and Campbell lacking experience that doesn't seem too many. 

Don't tell me Ojo's only on loan? 

Im Sorry Amy Sedaris GIF by truTV’s At Home with Amy Sedaris

4 minutes ago, d31 said:

Absolutely no chance Devlin stays. That would be baffling. Of course if he has no offers and he's willing to stay for £40k/year or something then maybe that changes things.

I didn't think so either but there's been rumours for months that he's been fit for the majority of the season and had a major fall out with McInnes.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Im Sorry Amy Sedaris GIF by truTV’s At Home with Amy Sedaris

I would think Virtanen will get another year to show his worth. In fact I would think all the out of contract youths will get another year if Glass is to promote more youths. Last thing he'll want is to release a young player without seeing them play, only to go on and do well elsewhere. Would be very much against the clubs 'vision'.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

I would think Virtanen will get another year to show his worth. In fact I would think all the out of contract youths will get another year if Glass is to promote more youths. Last thing he'll want is to release a young player without seeing them play, only to go on and do well elsewhere. Would be very much against the clubs 'vision'.

I think that's a fair summation but that doesn't help with numbers.

If we have Brown do we need McGeouch?

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think that's a fair summation but that doesn't help with numbers.

If we have Brown do we need McGeouch?

Brown would replace McCrorie for me*. Campbell is probably the most similar to McGeouch, although Campbell seems a lot more robust so far. I'd probably look to move McGeouch on actually. Definitely a good player in there, but serious question mark on how many games a season he will ever manage.

*In terms of style. Not advocating that, as I wouldn't want to stifle McCrorie's development to shoehorn Brown in to the team.

Edited by Illgresi

I know he's still young but I don't see anything in Dean Campbell to suggest he is a top six calibre midfielder. Just don't think there's anything about him at all. He's maybe semi-comfortable on the ball but never really progresses it forward.

We have an identity crisis in the team right now. We are absolutely nothing, not aggressive, don't have the players to play out from the back, don't have a big striker we can play off/pummel balls into the box two, don't get the ball wide, I literally don't know what style of team we are. Just an assortment of random players cobbled together who look directionless. The teams that over achieve the most are normally ones where you can clearly identify how they play. Any decision on players in/out should be made on the basis of what we are actually going for and whether that player suits what Glass wants to turn us into. 

2 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

It will be interesting to see if  "The Red" Scott Brown gets away with the fouls that "the Green"  Scott Brown gets away with or will the referees bring the cards out!!!!!

He won't and it'll be "he's slowing down as a player" type comments in support. 

Ferguson to Celtic as Brown's replacement? Twitter rumour posted on AFC Chat.

https://www.indycelts.com/aberdeen-player-rumoured-on-the-move-to-celtic-everyone-saying-the-same-thing/

Personally, I think Celtic would be mad not to go for Allan Campbell who I regard as a better player then Ferguson. He'd also cost a lot less then Fergie.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

A striking coach .   bit of a understatement to say we desperately need one ,     well this could be the best signing.    All in all things coming along nicely and with more quality to follow .

Everything is a risk but its a risk the club needed  to do   ..seems like majority fans well onboard with this and can see  season ticket sales   being 

a big boost for the club.  .

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Ferguson to Celtic as Brown's replacement? Twitter rumour posted on AFC Chat.

https://www.indycelts.com/aberdeen-player-rumoured-on-the-move-to-celtic-everyone-saying-the-same-thing/

Personally, I think Celtic would be mad not to go for Allan Campbell who I regard as a better player then Ferguson. He'd also cost a lot less then Fergie.

If Celtic aren't willing to part with £3m for McGinn, there's no way they're spending £10m on Ferguson.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

If Celtic aren't willing to part with £3m for McGinn, there's no way they're spending £10m on Ferguson.

I think we could get 3-4 million for him. Considering he's yet to feature for the Scotland first team I think thats pretty be good going.

Celtic signed Turnbull for 3.25 million plus add ons when he only had 14 months remaining on his contract.

It would keep the club afloat and would possibly allow us to go fo Allan Campbell as his replacement. 

Edited by HarleyQuinn

17 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think we could get 3-4 million for him. Considering he's yet to feature for the Scotland first team I think thats pretty be good going.

Celtic signed Turnbull for 3.25 million plus add ons when he only had 14 months remaining on his contract.

It would keep the club afloat and would possibly allow us to go fo Allan Campbell as his replacement. 

I'd say between £3m and £4m would be the going rate. Anything less and we have time on our side and should wait till January