The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I will start this post with the statement that I am a football dinosaur. After watching Aberdeen and Scotland this season, get this 3 at the back, 2 wing backs , 4 central midfielders, and some poor lonely b*****d up front, IN THE F*CK*NG BIN. I want teams that I watch try to win games by playing football, and to me that is getting forward by turning and passing upfield to a player in the same team, going down the wings to try to hit the byline, cut the ball back for players in the middle to try to score. People these days w*nk themselves into oblivion with formations, particularly 3 (5) at the back, but why don’t they just concentrate in trying to win football matches. 4 along the back with 2 fullbacks and wide players, who are actually wide players, to get at the opposition full backs. Rather than set up to nullify the opposition, make the opposition change their tactics to combat our team. I’m just pissed off at all the negative play that I’ve watched, and the recent Scotland performances have pushed me over the edge. 

Dear Mr Cormack, there are too many formations these days. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot. 

7TrQUza.jpg

25 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Beat me again.

Was impressed with his performance against Utd, mistake aside. Very happy to see him getting another couple of years. Not a dig at Derek but I doubt he was getting them without new management in place.

He was excellent against United. Looked like he had loads of ability and confidence. Playing in a back 4.

Quite disappointed with how it’s turned out for Shay. He’s past his best now but he was a top quality right-back for us for a good 5/6 seasons and on the face of it, him being ushered out to avoid any issues with Scott Brown seems like a real kick in the teeth.

I’m not saying we should extend his deal but as someone who’s served the club well, I think he deserves better than having this cloud hanging over him as he leaves.

4 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I don't think it's because of Scott Brown. 

Sheerin told him before the United match he probably wouldn't use him again, before anyone knew who was coming in. He's got an appearance clause the club don't want to trigger. So, that's also why he's not getting a game. 

Aye. Apparently asked not to be on the bench so an extra youth player gets involved.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Strange one but he's obviously not playing again here.

Probably needing a cheap plumber to help finish their main stand.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Shay Logan off to Hearts

Maybe Budge needs some plumbing sorted in the new stand

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably needing a cheap plumber to help finish their main stand.

Is there an echo in here, echo in here, echo in here?

7 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Is there an echo in here, echo in here, echo in here?

I hadn't read the thread tbh, but it's the first joke I've thought of in weeks so I had to release it before it affected my jigsaw completing skills.

I don't think it's because of Scott Brown. 

Sheerin told him before the United match he probably wouldn't use him again, before anyone knew who was coming in. He's got an appearance clause the club don't want to trigger. So, that's also why he's not getting a game. 

I don’t think he’s leaving because of Scott Brown but given the situation surrounding the two of them it’s not a good look, even if it is putting 2 and 2 together to get 5 as the papers are doing.

Can’t say I’ve heard the conversations between him and Sheerin or seen his contract. He might just want to leave now to get games and improve his chances of a deal elsewhere but these are not good circumstances for a guy who’s made nearly 300 appearances for the club to be leaving under.

4 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Shay Logan off to Hearts

Maybe Budge needs some plumbing sorted in the new stand

Shay Logan goes to Hearts with best wishes from me. A brilliant player for Aberdeen, apart from the last season and a half. Almost first pick on to the teamsheet for three or four seasons.