The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Felt like a more honest interview with Dave last night, more substance than previous interviews. Still don't really believe him that there isn't more to the Glass or Hernandez stories but time to let that go probably.

Talking about trophies is good but I really like how ambitious he is in terms of growing the support through taking as fresh an approach as possible. The Red Shed also provides evidence that this isn't iust bluster. 15k ST holders is bold and not convinced we'll get there but I like that as an ambitious target to set.

Must have went ok as we've had no Hibees or even @RandomGuy. On laughing at us.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

If you think I'm going to waste a couple of my hours watching to an interview with an Aberdeen chairman, just so I can mock you for something, then you're absolutely fucking correct.

I shall comment at the weekend.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm sure he'll be on soon enough to tell us how it's pie in the sky to aim for 15k season ticket holders, and laughably underacheiving to only aim for a trophy every few years.

Edit: Beat me to it!

Edited by Illgresi

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Felt like a more honest interview with Dave last night, more substance than previous interviews. Still don't really believe him that there isn't more to the Glass or Hernandez stories but time to let that go probably.

Talking about trophies is good but I really like how ambitious he is in terms of growing the support through taking as fresh an approach as possible. The Red Shed also provides evidence that this isn't iust bluster. 15k ST holders is bold and not convinced we'll get there but I like that as an ambitious target to set.

I’m not sure what more you want to know about the Hernandez story. I think the only thing that people didn’t know was who paid for him, and what connection Atlanta had in it all. We now know that Dave Cormack paid for him and the fact that he’s on loan at Atlanta means, we’ll, he’s on loan at Atlanta. If Covid hadn’t hit then Jack McKenzie would also have been on loan there. When I heard that I was thinking how gutted young Jack must have been when told that.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m not sure what more you want to know about the Hernandez story. I think the only thing that people didn’t know was who paid for him, and what connection Atlanta had in it all. We now know that Dave Cormack paid for him and the fact that he’s on loan at Atlanta means, we’ll, he’s on loan at Atlanta. If Covid hadn’t hit then Jack McKenzie would also have been on loan there. When I heard that I was thinking how gutted young Jack must have been when told that.

I'm not trying to paint some grand conspiracy here Joey. I just have a scepticism that it's as simple as we identified a player, Dave paid close to a million for him personally, he barely played a minute then happened to end up on loan at Atlanta a short time later.

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm not trying to paint some grand conspiracy here Joey. I just have a scepticism that it's as simple as we identified a player, Dave paid close to a million for him personally, he barely played a minute then happened to end up on loan at Atlanta a short time later.

From what I had seen RWB seemed ideal for Hernandez. Logan of four years ago would have excelled there too.

I took him at face value last night and will give him the benefit of doubt.

Also opened my eyes to a whole new world with rowies. Slicing them open?!?!

56 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

From what I had seen RWB seemed ideal for Hernandez. Logan of four years ago would have excelled there too.

I took him at face value last night and will give him the benefit of doubt.

Also opened my eyes to a whole new world with rowies. Slicing them open?!?!

As previously stated, it was, is and always will be a buttery. Anyway, it’s always been one of my favourite foods and my preference is for a flat, well fired delicacy, but I’m not precious about it and will accept most buttery varieties. Living in Montrose, it’s difficult to get a flat well fired buttery. Where I’m leading to is that the butteries produced locally by Frosts bakers are usually almost a roll, and these can easily be split. However I would never put bacon, or anything hot, in it. I’ve had two this morning with ham.

On 29/03/2021 at 17:25, lubo_blaha said:

Quite disappointed with how it’s turned out for Shay. He’s past his best now but he was a top quality right-back for us for a good 5/6 seasons and on the face of it, him being ushered out to avoid any issues with Scott Brown seems like a real kick in the teeth.

I’m not saying we should extend his deal but as someone who’s served the club well, I think he deserves better than having this cloud hanging over him as he leaves.

I trust that you will now take back the bulk of that post. As stated last night, Shay Logan out on loan to Hearts for five games and will return to Aberdeen for the end of our season and he will get the thanks from the club and supporters that he deserves. So no “ushering out” and no “cloud hanging over him”.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

As previously stated, it was, is and always will be a buttery. Anyway, it’s always been one of my favourite foods and my preference is for a flat, well fired delicacy, but I’m not precious about it and will accept most buttery varieties. Living in Montrose, it’s difficult to get a flat well fired buttery. Where I’m leading to is that the butteries produced locally by Frosts bakers are usually almost a roll, and these can easily be split. However I would never put bacon, or anything hot, in it. I’ve had two this morning with ham.

#cormackout then?

If I am to be critical of anything from Dave Cormack’s Q&A last night, it was something that he didn’t say rather than something he did say. Unless I missed it, there was no thanks to Derek McInnes for his work for the club over the last 7/8 years and the fact that he pulled the club up by its bootlaces from the depths of almost perma bottom six. That would have been a good touch.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If I am to be critical of anything from Dave Cormack’s Q&A last night, it was something that he didn’t say rather than something he did say. Unless I missed it, there was no thanks to Derek McInnes for his work for the club over the last 7/8 years and the fact that he pulled the club up by its bootlaces from the depths of almost perma bottom six. That would have been a good touch.

Tbf he did cover that in the new manager announcement he did previously.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you think I'm going to waste a couple of my hours watching to an interview with an Aberdeen chairman, just so I can mock you for something, then you're absolutely fucking correct.

I shall comment at the weekend.

56 minutes. Good luck in finding some material from it. I’m sure you will though, somehow.