The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

11 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I agree completely that we desperately need a creative midfielder. Ferguson, McCrorie and Campbell are all too similar. Scott Allan seems to be out of the picture at Hibs....I think he would fit in our midfield very well. 

I quite like Allan and I would like someone with some of his traits, but I'd hope we would be aiming slightly higher than a guy touching thirty who has recently been loaned to the Championship.

39 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

A warm rowie with Syrup, Peanut Butter or Nutella is fucking tremendous. 

Not only do you call it a rowie, you want it warm, and you want some shitey topping on it.  Honest to goodness.

Today wasn't nearly as bad as some folk would have you believe.

The main issues were caused by guys who aren't going to be here next year anyway.

At one point we played our way around their press on the right wing brilliantly...until the ball reached McGinn who took the ball back 15 yards towards our own goal from a promising counter attacking position.

Hayes, as mentioned by  @Bob Mahelp and McGinn slowed down everything today.

20 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Today wasn't nearly as bad as some folk would have you believe.

The main issues were caused by guys who aren't going to be here next year anyway.

At one point we played our way around their press on the right wing brilliantly...until the ball reached McGinn who took the ball back 15 yards towards our own goal from a promising counter attacking position.

Hayes, as mentioned by  @Bob Mahelp and McGinn slowed down everything today.

Today went like many, many games have this season. If we take a chance in the first half it’s a very comfortable afternoon. 

Quite why we are invariably then so poor in the 2nd half I have no idea. And the second really was as bad as made out.

As has been said, a good summer to freshen things up and make changes. Can’t come quick enough tbh. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Today went like many, many games have this season. If we take a chance in the first half it’s a very comfortable afternoon. 

Quite why we are invariably then so poor in the 2nd half I have no idea. And the second really was as bad as made out.

As has been said, a good summer to freshen things up and make changes. Can’t come quick enough tbh. 

Agreed on the first half.

Second half I'm talking about the wild overreactions on twitter. Get rid of everybody etc etc.

Campbell seems to be taking a lot of flak for "safe, short passes". It must have been near double figures where he played a cross field pass to a player in space in the opposition third. What the player does from there isn't his fault.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Agreed on the first half.

Second half I'm talking about the wild overreactions on twitter. Get rid of everybody etc etc.

Campbell seems to be taking a lot of flak for "safe, short passes". It must have been near double figures where he played a cross field pass to a player in space in the opposition third. What the player does from there isn't his fault.

Ah ok. I don’t have twitter so couldn’t comment. I have no doubt it’s bat shit mental anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I didn't really get the Campbell criticism either. I haven't always been his biggest fan, but most of his passes today seemed to be quite progressive and positive. His job was probably made harder by the lack of intelligent movement ahead of him centrally at times. I certainly thought he was the best, or the least bad, of the midfield three today. 

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

I didn't really get the Campbell criticism either. I haven't always been his biggest fan, but most of his passes today seemed to be quite progressive and positive. His job was probably made harder by the lack of intelligent movement ahead of him centrally at times. I certainly thought he was the best, or the least bad, of the midfield three today. 

Yeah I would agree.

You can certainly tell he has been told to be a bit more forward thinking. Derek absolutely likes a midfielder to play the safe passes. Look at Ryan Jack with us and how he plays for them.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Yeah I would agree.

You can certainly tell he has been told to be a bit more forward thinking. Derek absolutely likes a midfielder to play the safe passes. Look at Ryan Jack with us and how he plays for them.

Yeah, I'd like to see him playing with the handbrake off a bit more. He did that at Tannadice the other week and he was probably our best player that day. I think he's one of the players that Glass will be most looking forward to working with. 

Tbh I love the way Campbell is always available to the back 4 for a pass. For a 20 year old that’s great responsibility to take on. 

His decision making and execution are not there yet, and he’s never going to be a regular goal threat but he’s absolutely got something. No guarantees but I like him. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Tbh I love the way Campbell is always available to the back 4 for a pass. For a 20 year old that’s great responsibility to take on. 

His decision making and execution are not there yet, and he’s never going to be a regular goal threat but he’s absolutely got something. No guarantees but I like him. 

See the source image

Edited by Jacksgranda

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This.

But not Nutella.

Had these last week. Good with lentil soup.

C121827C-06CA-4EFB-A608-9D833E5147CC.jpeg

Oh ya bugger, cheese and bacon butteries.  It is a disgrace that there is no JG Ross shops near me, they all seem to be further north.

4 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I think today was an encapulation of how the future will look. 

Get rid of the dead wood who add nothing to the team....Hayes, Kennedy, McGinn et al....and start to give more game time to players like Ramsey, Ross, Campbell and others. 

An awful lot of dead wood to get rid off.

Ferguson was anonymous today and looked pretty disinterested - I wonder if he has been told he will next to be sold.

Liked the look of Ramsay but need to see him against better quality opposition.

I know that they’ve only had one first team game each and it’s very early days, but we could really be onto something with our two young full backs. With Jack McKenzie available again for next Saturday, I would love to see him and Calvin Ramsay starting. Of course, given what’s been happening this season the chances are that Calvin Ramsay is now out for the season with whatever injury he picked up today. I also hope that we persevere with Ethan Ross, and I wouldn’t have taken him off today unless of course he had a knock. Given that Callum Hendry has scored all of our goals since he’s come in on loan, somebody else is going to have to step up to the mark if we are to have any chance of winning in Perth.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Oh ya bugger, cheese and bacon butteries.  It is a disgrace that there is no JG Ross shops near me, they all seem to be further north.

I’m in Dundee Joey.  No Ross’s here.

These were on a wee stand in B&M. I would try there if there’s one near you.

9 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

Pretty good Scottish Cup draw. Two home games against Livi and then potentially Dundee United. We need to find a way to score though. Hope Russell starts coaching ASAP!

I wish I shared your enthusiasm. I can't see us getting past Livingston.