The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

If they are planning in selling Ferguson then stop signing players like Gurr & re-signing Devlin.

Say we are to get £3m or whatever, then hold off signing players just now, as a chunk of the £3m could “upgrade” on a couple of key positions, such as a creative fast winger & a “no 10”. 

i would imagine its costing us hardly anything giving Devlin  contract for 6 months  and Gurr arriving, these signings are fillers which all squads needs , its not going to have an influence on  our season.  the ones who have arrived already and will arrive later in the window will. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Are you sure about that ? 

I'm not up or down so far....too busy concentrating on Scotland......but there's nothing about Cormack so far that persuades me he's anything other than (as somebody put it) a snake-oil salesman. 

We did this much vaunted and advertised tie-up with Atlanta almost 2 years ago, and so far it's given us Jon Gallagher, the wee boy lost at right back, and now some 25 year old from Atlanta reserves that has never played a game of football. On top of that we effectively sacked the league's most experienced manager, and our most succesful manager in a generation, so that we could bring in Cormack's inexperienced mate. 

We all hope that it turns out well, but you can't blame anyone for saying that the foundations of mediocrity have been laid. 

That is your opinion nae probs .  Regards  Cormack    he has delivered on a training facility , engaged with fans that has never happened at the club before ,  and he is open to a new stadium down the beach, oh  and got rid of a manager we all wanted shot off . Nae a bad start eh . early days time will tell if he is the snake oil salesman you think ..  

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

He’ll be gone in January when Glass is made aware that being released by the MLS means, at best, you’re a Scottish Championship player.

Surely, if anyone, Stephen Glass should be acutely aware of this fact already? 

1 hour ago, d31 said:

There is a long way to go in the transfer window yet. I'm hopeful we'll bring in 2 players of a higher level in the last third which is what we desperately need.

For the starting X1, I’d say we need;

Right back

Left centre half

No 10

Left winger

Centre forward.

One or two squad fillers too probably.

Hopefully will be a busy couple of weeks?

59 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

For the starting X1, I’d say we need;

Right back

Left centre half

No 10

Left winger

Centre forward.

One or two squad fillers too probably.

Hopefully will be a busy couple of weeks?

I'd like the striker and one of the winger/10 to be all our eggs in basket. 

If Ramirez is the striker then i'll change to hoping all eggs in 10/winger basket.

I don't see Ramirez as single handedly lifting the team.

56 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I hope he does his homework on the city before he comes, he might be in for an unpleasant culture shock.

I find Telly Savalas ideally suited for introducing a Yank to the pleasures of a city preserved in silver, grey granite

In the meantime, so long Telly and 'tanks' for the memory.

Note, Telly spends 2:03 discussing his love of Aberdeen but 7:03 on Portsmouth (6:57 would've been more appropriate for Pompey)

Edited by Bogbrush1903

35 minutes ago, d31 said:

I'd like the striker and one of the winger/10 to be all our eggs in basket. 

If Ramirez is the striker then i'll change to hoping all eggs in 10/winger basket.

I don't see Ramirez as single handedly lifting the team.

Sounds like he's a hard working physical presence who has great hold up play. I'd say that's what we really required at the end of last season. Hendry tried to do all of that but wasn't as strong as this guy looks and Ramirez is a bit taller too (based on transfermrkt.com).

If this guys gets 10 goals but is a vital part of a team that creates and scores goals then I'd be very happy. It's obviously an extreme example as he's top level but basically the role Firminho plays at Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I hope he does his homework on the city before he comes, he might be in for an unpleasant culture shock.

I find Telly Savalas ideally suited for introduced a Yank to the pleasures of a city preserved in silver, grey granite

In the meantime, so long Telly and 'tanks' for the memory.

Note, Telly spends 2:03 discussing his love of Aberdeen but 7:03 on Portsmouth (6:57 would've been more appropriate for Pompey)

Send him a tweet. Seems to be liking any link with himself and Aberdeen at the minute!

"Ramirez deal falls apart after player discovers city is grey".

Far too much negativity at the moment, its a wait and see how Glass does. Early days in the transfer window and won't panic until near the european game. 

I will add to the negativity :D but I don't understand paying money for a 30-year old as you are not going to recoup that money in the future. 

10 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Far too much negativity at the moment, its a wait and see how Glass does. Early days in the transfer window and won't panic until near the european game. 

I will add to the negativity :D but I don't understand paying money for a 30-year old as you are not going to recoup that money in the future. 

Pays for himself if he does goals.