The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

You can’t really defend that performance.

In what was our biggest game of the season, we were dreadful. 

And as the poster said, changes should’ve been made far earlier.

It’s actually been a worrying trait of Glass.

Subs made too late & all like-for-like.
No proactivity. 

I'm not defending the performance. I'm saying it's in no way comparable to Sigma.

If you were to trawl the match thread at the time I said it was shocking.

I'm willing to give him time to get in the players he wants. Some are desperate to write him off already.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm not defending the performance. I'm saying it's in no way comparable to Sigma.

If you were to trawl the match thread at the time I said it was shocking.

I'm willing to give him time to get in the players he wants. Some are desperate to write him off already.

I’m not writing him off. 

I want him to succeed (but nothing prior to or subsequent to his appointment makes me think he will).

And if players like Gurr & Hendry are who he wants, that only adds to my apathy.

We need two or three signings that will get us excited & optimistic. Hopefully they’ll come soon. 

40 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

He is, at least on the video.

👍 haven’t seen it. 
Disappointed it’s  all about Broon in the photos, an over the hill Hibee who also loves Celtic.

Edited by big al

5 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

That will be the quarter final where we missed two sitters at 0-0 and played against a team who were well rested after we knocked our pans in against Celtic, aye?

There was a four day gap, and maybe we should have prioritised the cup game too.

Still he mentioned the lack of physical and mental fitness to handle the three big games in eight days - which I suppose was a damning indictment on his predecessor and the effectiveness of Cormack Pack to date..............but there was so much wrong with that performance, and it did remind me of the Sigma tragedy in just how open the team was, and how easily average opposition picked us off at will - all after the team previously being criticised for being 'boring', leading to the change in manager despite consistently decent league positions.

Edited by tarapoa

14 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

There was a four day gap, and maybe we should have prioritised the cup game too.

Still he mentioned the lack of physical and mental fitness to handle the three big games in eight days - which I suppose was a damning indictment on his predecessor and the effectiveness of Cormack Pack to date..............but there was so much wrong with that performance, and it did remind me of the Sigma tragedy in just how open the team was, and how easily average opposition picked us off at will - all after the team previously being criticised for being 'boring', leading to the change in manager despite consistently decent league positions.

The performance in that Celtic game energy wise , in terms of creating chances and overall in terms of some good football played throughout was better than what had come before against that opposition for a long time.

41 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Boring?

Here's the previous managers results this calendar year:

image.png.0dc00d53596d3a160771accedb9b2ae1.png

There was nothing boring about it. It was also our third successive year of falling below expectations although Hibs budget was closer to ours than Killie and Motherwell.

On 09/06/2021 at 00:05, DrewDon said:

It has already been answered above, but Logan signed for us at a similar age to Gurr now, off the top of my head, and had accrued over 100 competitive games for Brentford and had a handful of loans at other Football League clubs under his belt too. I'm not convinced the two examples are really very comparable. 

I hope the lad surprises me and does well, as I hope for every Aberdeen player, but I wouldn't blame anyone for being skeptical about this one given what little we do know. 

Ok, but my point was more along the lines of the immediate reaction of Aberdeen fans when they heard about the loan deal and before they had seen Shay play;

a) Who?

b) he can’t even get a game for an English League 1 side and is so far out of their plans they’re happy to loan him to a Scottish club.

Edited by kingjoey

32 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ok, but my point was more along the lines of the immediate reaction of Aberdeen fans when they heard about the loan deal and before they had seen Shay play;

a) Who?

b) he can’t even get a game for an English League 1 side and is so far out of there plans they’re happy to loan him to a Scottish club.

I’d be far happier if Jack Gurr had played 90 games for Brentford (as Logan had).

This lad, at the age of 25, has played less than 20 MINUTES for Atlanta, & 18 games for a team that would probably be a Scottish Championship team at best if you accept Martin Rennie’s opinion, who knows the standard of both leagues well. 

The comparison is ridiculous 

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Go watch the Scott Brown interview if you haven't already. Great interview. A real winner. He clearly wants to be here and give his all. Delighted he's on board.

Does he apologise for calling one of our players who was a victim of racism a liar or or is it swept under the carpet again.