The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, TommyDickFingers said:

We don't do losing Gothenburg🤩

We went out to IFK Gothenburg in the European Cup Quarter-Finals of 1985/1986, although we didn't actually lose either tie so you're still correct...

Edited by Bogbrush1903

20 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Rumour on AFC Chat that we may be after Harry Chapman from Blackburn Rovers. 23 year old who plays as a Striker/Winger. Apparently he did well at Shrewsbury this past season.

No higher recommendation...

16 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

It's a really dangerous tie. We will be going on with a brand new team and ideally someone from Gibraltar or Andorra like Hibernian have drawn would be a nice gentle opener.

Wouldn't be shocked if we lost.

I'm guessing they're round about mid table standard in our league but that's based almost entirely on them having a 7000 seater ground rather than any football expertise. 

8 games into their season already. 6 pts though. 

Banana skin

26 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'm guessing they're round about mid table standard in our league but that's based almost entirely on them having a 7000 seater ground rather than any football expertise. 

8 games into their season already. 6 pts though. 

Banana skin

They have two players at the Euros.

Finnish central defender & also Martin Olllson the Swedish left back, ex of Norwich & Blackburn.

They’ll be mid season and will be difficult.

50/50 tie and a bad draw. 

51 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

It's a really dangerous tie. We will be going on with a brand new team and ideally someone from Gibraltar or Andorra like Hibernian have drawn would be a nice gentle opener.

Wouldn't be shocked if we lost.

Rarely ever shocked when we lose but I'm guessing they will be no more enamoured at the thought of drawing us as we are them. But being an optimist I'll fancy us by a couple of goals.(apologies in advance)

The Hibs one looks easy enough but "hibsing it" exists for a reason. 'mon the Calpe Sports club!

17 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

They have two players at the Euros.

Finnish central defender & also Martin Olllson the Swedish left back, ex of Norwich & Blackburn.

They’ll be mid season and will be difficult.

50/50 tie and a bad draw. 

Motherwell have two players at the Euros.

Guest Bob Mahelp

If it was this time last year I would say that even though it's a tough draw we would have a fair chance of winning this tie. 

As it stands now, 4 weeks from the tie and with a squad of 12 players.....half of whom are untried reserves....together with an inexperienced manager, I can't say I fancy our chances much against a decent side half way through their season. 

Shite draw. 

If it was this time last year I would say that even though it's a tough draw we would have a fair chance of winning this tie. 
As it stands now, 4 weeks from the tie and with a squad of 12 players.....half of whom are untried reserves....together with an inexperienced manager, I can't say I fancy our chances much against a decent side half way through their season. 
Shite draw. 

12 players? With players we have now we could line up with the below. I make that at least 17 who wouldn’t count as ‘untried reserves’.

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Considine Hayes

Brown McGeouch

Hedges Ferguson Kennedy

Emmanuel-Thomas

Subs:
Woods
Ramsay
Devlin
MacKenzie
Ojo
Campbell