The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

They’ll maybe keep them fairly quiet to try & stop folk gathering maybe?

Matches at Pittodrie are fairly well publicised and seems to have the same affect...

Sounds good but I'd like to hear about a centre half and another creator, probably a winger. 

Who was it on here that said Brown had persuaded 3 players to sign? Was it @HarleyQuinn?? Also said by the mainstandmoan lad so it was probably genuine but looks like 1-2 of those have fallen through now? I presume Gallagher is one as he's ex Celtic.

31 minutes ago, d31 said:

Sounds good but I'd like to hear about a centre half and another creator, probably a winger. 

Who was it on here that said Brown had persuaded 3 players to sign? Was it @HarleyQuinn?? Also said by the mainstandmoan lad so it was probably genuine but looks like 1-2 of those have fallen through now? I presume Gallagher is one as he's ex Celtic.

As daft as it sounds when I type it out loud, I was secretly hoping Ryan Christie was coming home....There, I said it...jacket on, lock me up, throw away the key.

11 hours ago, d31 said:

We had enquired about Lewis Morgan a few months back. No chance of him signing for us now.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

We had enquired about Lewis Morgan a few months back. No chance of him signing for us now.

Yea that's clear. So Morgan was one of the names? No others as I recall you said three? 

21 minutes ago, d31 said:

Yea that's clear. So Morgan was one of the names? No others as I recall you said three? 

I'm not an ITK'er however I was told at the time we were after an international Striker although I wasn't given a name. Griffiths was never in consideration. Gallagher had verbally agreed to sign and that we had enquired and were pursuing Lewis Morgan. There was seemingly an outside chance of getting Morgan at the time but he's  established himself at Inter Miami since then.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

Morgan signed a new deal in America at the end of February, taking his wages up to almost half a million dollars a year.

That was off the back of an award winning MLS season.

I doubt he's been a realistic target for Aberdeen at any point in the last year.

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

What’s Ash Taylor like? He’s been linked with us and Motherwell , we’ve supposedly offered him the armband as an incentive to join….

If he sticks to defending like an old fashioned centre half he’s fine.

Good in the air.

He has the occasional brain fart moment when he thinks he’s Beckenbauer.

If he’s 100% concentrated he’s a decent signing for you. 

21 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Aberdeen desperately need to sign players with pace, we were so easy to play against in the second half of last season as a lack of pace throughout the side.

Agree 100%.
Pace out wide is so important.

Defensively & in attack.

We have neither. 

Baffling when Glass has spoken of high press football.