The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

No idea if he's a reliable source or not however Mainstandmoan:

"Lots of activity going on but very little decided. I understand at present….

Ramsay likely to go in an auction but be loaned back for the rest of season. Young replacement already identified 

Ferguson likely to go. Club believe the up front fee will be met.

Zander Clark identified as a real target. May well be one for the summer. 

McGrath deal likely. Kennedy presently being offered as make weight. Campbell & McGinn also being mentioned, although Dean would only be a loan 

Hedges turned down deal to be highest paid player. Will go in January if McGrath secured & fee reached. 

Icelandic left back still being mentioned….

will update further when I have more. "

Edited by HarleyQuinn

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Now idea if he's a reliable source or not however Mainstandmoan:

Ramsay likely to go in an auction but be loaned back for the rest of season. Young replacement already identified 

McGrath deal likely. Kennedy presently being offered as make weight. Campbell & McGinn also being mentioned, although Dean would only be a loan 

Hedges turned down deal to be highest paid player. Will go in January if McGrath secured & fee reached. 

He tends to get more right than wrong. Find it bizarre though that we would be interested in Zander Clark though unless Joe Lewis is leaving.

The left back must be whoever the Breidablik left back was but I don't remember him standing out at all in the 2 games we played against them earlier in the season

Edited by highland_mechanic

5 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

He tends to get more right than wrong. Find it bizarre though that we would be interested in Zander Clark though unless Joe Lewis is leaving.

The left back must be whoever the Breidablik left back was but I don't remember him standing out at all in the 2 games we played against them earlier in the season

Davíd Ingvarsson being the Icelandic left back? Did he stand out against us?

https://www.transfermarkt.us/david-ingvarsson/profil/spieler/429892

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Hayes was never the answer. A romantic signing by Derek that just didn't work out.

No not anymore. I was in favour of Hayes coming back and he started well but it’s gone now. 

Tin hat on but I have my doubts if mckenzie will ever develop into being a top LB. I reckon his future is on the left of a back 3. 

9 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Zander Clark a better keeper than big Joe just now? 

On form over the past year? 100%.

Overall though? No, and it's not even close. Lewis has just been in what seems like chronic form for a long time though.

31 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

No idea if he's a reliable source or not however Mainstandmoan:

If we are looking at anyone from Breidablik it should be Eyjolfsson. Scored at Pittodrie. Thought he looked a very good player. He might actually have scored against us in Iceland aswell. 

Zander Clark signing makes no sense unless big Joe is planning on leaving. After being stripped of captaincy then dropped it wouldn't be a shock if he left to go back down south.

I wonder if the player we have identified to replace Ramsay would be Jamie Hamilton. Been playing at RB for Accies recently. 

Still very concerning that we look like we could be losing Ferguson, Ramsay and Hedges this window. Need top quality replacements for them if they go. 

Unless we get really good fees “top quality replacements” is an unlikely scenario.

More likely we play Campbell, McLennan, MacKenzie ( if big Andy is back) and try several youths until seasons end.

3 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Unless we get really good fees “top quality replacements” is an unlikely scenario.

More likely we play Campbell, McLennan, MacKenzie ( if big Andy is back) and try several youths until seasons end.

If we are looking at selling Ferguson, Ramsay and Hedges then the club should be looking at bringing in what £8-9m in fees? You could give the manager a fraction of that to bring in good quality replacements and bank the rest or use it to offset losses. If the club want to progress and realise their ambitions selling those 3 and using the likes of McLennan is not going to work. That's just fucking ridiculous. 

28 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No not anymore. I was in favour of Hayes coming back and he started well but it’s gone now. 

Tin hat on but I have my doubts if mckenzie will ever develop into being a top LB. I reckon his future is on the left of a back 3. 

I think MacKenzie could have a Considine type career at left back. No harm in that. A steady 6/7 out of 10 every week. Still save the club a bundle in transfer fees or wages on a lb. Was impressed with him on the left of a three too.

Never going to reach the heights Ramsay will.

Strong rumours that Killie are talking to McInnes. I’m aware of the criticisms of eye bleeding football etc, but what do you think? Could he be the answer for us in the position we are in? He was the only manager Sir Steve couldn’t get the better of.

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think MacKenzie could have a Considine type career at left back. No harm in that. A steady 6/7 out of 10 every week. Still save the club a bundle in transfer fees or wages on a lb. Was impressed with him on the left of a three too.

Never going to reach the heights Ramsay will.

Yeah a considine type LB is probably fair. Might not have the aerial presence to chip in with goals like Andy though. He is solid defensively and should improve. 

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

image.png.66cf4743005eda978f4ba0a3ecc90837.png

Be intersting to see how this goes.

Hes been a bit off form for a while now, we havent been playing to his strengths right enough. Probably hit the ceiling with us and needs to move on to develop further.

Few months ago id have said Aberdeen/Hibs ect wouldn't have a chance of signing him but i'm not sure now. 

I wonder what the price we will want for him to leave this window too. 

If we are looking at selling Ferguson, Ramsay and Hedges then the club should be looking at bringing in what £8-9m in fees? You could give the manager a fraction of that to bring in good quality replacements and bank the rest or use it to offset losses. If the club want to progress and realise their ambitions selling those 3 and using the likes of McLennan is not going to work. That's just fucking ridiculous. 

Yeah, but if we bring in that amount of money then the amount we’re likely to be asked to fork out for even “reasonable” players, let alone “good quality” also skyrockets. As will those players wage expectations.
I didn’t say it was my preference, but I’ve lived long enough to know how this works.

We’ll bid for players, clubs will hold out looking for more money from us, the board will be typically tight, then (11pm 31/1/22) we’ll shell out a stupid fee for the next Tansey/McDonald or pointless loan haddie from England!

16 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Strong rumours that Killie are talking to McInnes. I’m aware of the criticisms of eye bleeding football etc, but what do you think? Could he be the answer for us in the position we are in? He was the only manager Sir Steve couldn’t get the better of.

The eye bleeding football began after he'd turned down a couple of bigger moves. Was more about keeping himself in a job IMO.

I'd be surprised if he didn't do a very good job as he's a very good manager.