The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Away and f**k yourself. 

Folk who work to go to the football. The footballers play and get paid. 

It's a nonsense you saying the fans don't have a point here. 

It's not like a business you can withdraw from, it's familial, hereditary, obligatory. 

I'm sorry but no, paying the players wages doesn't mean you're entitled to shout abuse at them for losing a game of football and expect none back in return.

Shout abuse all you want but don't get upset when you give it back.

Probably the same types who run and complain about a player cupping the ear after they've called him a w****r all afternoon.

42 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm sorry but no, paying the players wages doesn't mean you're entitled to shout abuse at them for losing a game of football and expect none back in return.

Shout abuse all you want but don't get upset when you give it back.

Probably the same types who run and complain about a player cupping the ear after they've called him a w****r all afternoon.

The more pertinent question for me is why are the opposition players still using that entrance and exit in the stand at Fir Park? If this is still for Covid reasons then it's about time they got a grip and smell the Omicron...

Do the Gruesome Twosome use this entrance and exit onto Fir Park during their visits?

But I agree really, shout abuse and don't be surprised if you get a bit back. But if half the nuggets shouting abuse received it themselves after a bad day at work then they would likely be in tears...

Edited by Bogbrush1903

16 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The more pertinent question for me is why are the opposition players still using that entrance and exit in the stand at Fir Park? If this is still for Covid reasons then it's about time they got a grip and smell the Omicron...

Do the Gruesome Twosome use this entrance and exit onto Fir Park during their visits?

But I agree really, shout abuse and don't be surprised if you get a bit back. But if half the nuggets shouting abuse received it themselves after a bad day at work then they would likely be in tears...

It does seem farcical Motherwell still do this. 

1 hour ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Disagree. 

I love the back and forth, Tony Watt the other night? Too right. I once sat and gave Kent abuse at Pittodrie and he whipped in a corner for them to score.

he turned around a cupped his ears

I took it and it was ace. How football should be 

This Aberdeen side have been crap all season. Today's abuse isn't just about today, it's the whole season.  

So the back and forth with opposition is fine, bit not with your own team?

I'd wager half the c***s giving Gallagher abuse would have an anal prolapse if he looked at them the wrong way, let alone react to the abuse he gets.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

So the back and forth with opposition is fine, bit not with your own team?

I'd wager half the c***s giving Gallagher abuse would have an anal prolapse if he looked at them the wrong way, let alone react to the abuse he gets.

Yeah but big brave Declan uses a baseball bat when he falls out with folk!

3 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The club made a decision to limit our attendances this season to 9,999. This is to avoid checking Covid status and only OF games would be a factor. The main stand is particularly pokey, being a 1960's build but I'm sure there's a degree of Covid pantomime going on too but the space in the main stand is particularly roomy (I think away teams use the gym).

A more pertinent question should be, why does anyone at their place of work have to avoid or steered away of any part of it because of fears of their safety. Yes football it vitriolic, tribal, adrenaline fuelled and emotive for us fans and players know its part and parcel but behavior of football fans at times is an absolute red neck. Of course of a good number of your players could have chosen to show up and they could have been clapped off the park.

I count a number of our fans in the corner of the Hunter stand among that red neck collective, I can semi excuse the 14 year olds, driven by peer pressure and the buzz of being in a squad, but the adults desperately trying to relive the 80's is nothing but roaster material. The same eejits confronted the St Mirren youf a few weeks ago and suddenly realised they'd have to get involved when there was no safety net of cops and high viz in their way. Many rely on that. I'm sure there's an element at Pittodrie too.

Newco fans who blagged home end tickets for the Championship playoff spitting on people as they collectively got up and left at our third goal. The other arse cheek demanding we move season tickets last week to accommodate more of them so they erode any advantage we have at home plus all their political shit. Some of our hard men walked into a pub around Hampden filled with families and their kids on a day out and turned over tables and sucker punched a few, God forbid they arrange to meet on a bit of waste ground and actually really go at it.

We were sitting 4th until Wednesday night, 2 points from 18 and still 4th. Many were citing if we lost our season was over. A European place is one win away and a not unsurmountable string of results for you. I seen the same on your thread and 4th to 10th is the same crap with zero to seperate, a run of a few games puts anyone in contention. I get you feel at the moment that seems light years away but you do have the personnel. It's the reason the league table was pretty much static from Boxing Day until Wednesday.

I suppose the main issue you have to address is you are the third biggest club in the country due to being a city with a large catchment and no notable competitors. That reality has with it expectation of anything other than 3rd or higher as a let down. We're 7th/8th so not that hard to over perform. A lot of its down to squad harmony, mixing things up every round of fixtures and a good summer of acquisitions. It seems we have the same shite by and large but just paid a lot less for it.

Glass did seem like a bit of a gamble, not like a Cathro gamble and probably less than a Courts. I don't think it's helped by you having a pretty lippy dressing room. If enough have lost confidence, then your players know two concurrent under par performances probably gets him the P45. Was his appointment driven by American naivety?

If it's any consolation, most of the other SPFL threads are filled with the same "eyes are bleedin", "still doesn't know his best team", "why did we line up like that?" and "how is X in ahead of Y?". If Ferguson does get it tight in your next game remember he had the gumption to stand up and not meekly hide behind a physio or unused sub walking up the stairs.

On your day you should be able to "do a Leicester" but I don't think the gulf is as big as that was and anyone winning the league other than them gets my support.

8 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Don't really see why not. They have an actual investment in the result that we don't have.

Hearts fans do the same. I suppose all supports do.

And it's not just money. Losing a cup tie like that is a sore one just in a competitive sense for them. They've worked their arse off to get to that point.

Fans get very precious about this stuff, and the idea players should just take abuse from some dafty with a pie and an opinion is stupid. I'm all for them giving a bit back.

I don’t have an issue with players giving it back. Everyone’s angry, things get said. Who really gives a f**k. 

My issue was with you suggesting it should be of significance to any fan that a player was waiting on win bonuses. 

Not to get too dull about it, but their healthy win bonuses exist due to the fact so many people have an irrational emotional investment in kicking a ball about the pitch.

Plus at the end of the day, I reckon when they turn out at fir park next Saturday they’ll wish they had the backing they had yesterday as they’ll be lucky to get 500 there.  

3 hours ago, Jimmy676 said:

Jim Leighton better dust down his gloves because what ive witnessed the past couple of weeks is nothing short of horrendous. Maybe Zander will do us a turn !!

What mistakes has Joe Lewis made in the last couple of weeks?

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If the last few games don’t make people appreciate joe Lewis then he might as well give up. 

The supporters who were calling for Lewis to be dropped in favour of Woods have been oddly quiet in the last week

50 minutes ago, Menzel said:

The supporters who were calling for Lewis to be dropped in favour of Woods have been oddly quiet in the last week

If Joe Lewis is still ill on Tuesday, I would seriously want the young kid that was on the bench yesterday to start in goal. 

And, although he was only on the pitch for 15 minutes yesterday, Connor Barron was far and away our best player. He absolutely has to start on Tuesday.

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If Joe Lewis is still ill on Tuesday, I would seriously want the young kid that was on the bench yesterday to start in goal. 

And, although he was only on the pitch for 15 minutes yesterday, Connor Barron was far and away our best player. He absolutely has to start on Tuesday.

Craig Samson is a better keeper than Woods. I would play him.

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It’s a shame about Ritchie. I was thinking before yesterday that we couldn’t do any worse by giving him a chance. I have no idea about this other guy so I’d be reluctant to chuck him on.